What does everyone put in their coffee?

Options

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I add 1 packet of Stevia and a very small amount of 5% light cream.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I use Stevia and Half and Half. I think Half and Half gets a bad wrap.
    it has less carbs than milk and when you use half and half you dont need as much i find.
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    black 2 splenda...didnt think i would like it, but i do!
    Splenda is what we use as well ;)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    A little half and half.

Also, are you drinking GOOD coffee? I'm sure some would say I'm a coffee snob, but if you're not buying freshly roasted beans from a local roaster and grinding your own, you aren't drinking fresh coffee. Trust me, there is a huge difference :)

^^^ and a good flavored creamer. I REFUSE to give this up!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use some homemade almond "cream" with a packet of Stevia in the Raw. I buy flavored coffee to make up for the loss of flavoring in the creamer.
  • samlankford
    Options
    nothing.. straight black unsweetened coffee... :bigsmile:
  • addaline22
    Options
    I use blue diamond almond milk, vanilla. its good, and helps alot. I also will use a teaspoon of honey and some cinnamon
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    99% of the time I drink mine black. Occasionally I make Turkish coffee, and that is best made with extra dark (Muscovado) brown sugar.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you can't drink black coffee, you're drinking the wrong coffee. There are tons of different roasts and varieties of coffee out there. I can't stand medium roast coffees black, for me it's either light or dark. Also, strong coffee tastes better than weak coffee, the vast majority of people brew coffee way too weak.
  • BeckySBowen
    BeckySBowen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    One tsp. of coconut palm sugar and one Tbsp. of flavored creamer to two cups of coffee...can't do the black either!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Straight up half and half (worth the calories to me) and NO sugar. I can't stand sugar in my coffee.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream ... need to keep the fats up ...
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Baileys!!
    A man after my own heart!!!

Otherwise, just black but has to be S T R O N G!!! I drink waaaay too much of the stuff :(
  • jenievans1
    jenievans1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could drink black coffee until I stayed at a B&B where they only offered sugar or Sweet 'n Low and non-dairy creamer. I was trying the Atkins Diet at the time and none of those work with Atkins. My only choice was to drink black coffee or go into caffeine withdrawal. Luckily, the B&B owners ground fresh coffee daily, so the quality of the coffee was excellent. By the end of the week, I had learned to like my coffee black, and now I prefer it. Going out for a latte is like going out for dessert to me.

Sounds weird I guess to force yourself for a week and develop a taste, but now I never worry about whether I should try to take along my favorite sweetener on a trip. If you are changing your diet anyway, to rid yourself of excess sugars or sodium, you start to appreciate the natural flavor of foods and don't need as much flavoring added. It's the same with coffee and chocolate.
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Half-n-Half cream. It's adds a bit of sweetness.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If you can't drink black coffee, you're drinking the wrong coffee. There are tons of different roasts and varieties of coffee out there. I can't stand medium roast coffees black, for me it's either light or dark. Also, strong coffee tastes better than weak coffee, the vast majority of people brew coffee way too weak.

^^ THIS!

I was a Coffemate French Vanilla liquid creamer & sugar girl two years ago...I weaned off the creamer when I realized how full of crap it was, then eventually weaned off sugar onto Splenda. I drank it that way for over a year. About a month ago I cut out the Splenda after research on the chemicals in our artificial sweeteners. Now, IF I drink coffee, I drink it black and strong. It's just as good and I've learned to appreciate a good cup of coffee rather than making it rich and sweet like another candy drink. I'm trying to get healthy and all that crap sabotages my progress. I'm happy now with a cup of warm lemon water that benefits my liver. God knows I've abused it...poor thing. :drinker:
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use half and half and honey. Brings my cup to about 80 calories but I only have a cup a day so it's worth it to me to have it the way I truly enjoy. I don't like fake creamers or sweeteners *blah*
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Half & half and Splenda. Delicious. I like dark roasts, and I think the cream and sweetener really bring out the richness of the flavor. It's just too bitter by itself.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Skim milk. With the right coffee it tastes naturally sweet.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    i can't do black coffee either. I add sweetener and 1% milk, or if I really wanna get fancy, sometimes I buy the sugar free creamers and add a bit of that. I know aspartame is evil (or many on here claim it is), but I think it's better than loading my coffee with sugar.

Sidenote - you are beautiful! No homo lol.

ROTFLMAO! Thank you :happy: