Ladies only! LOL. Private?

Options

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I gained 9 pounds week before last....makes no sense to me but dropped it last week. Go figure!:explode:
  • Butler018
    Butler018 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    About a week before AF is due I can eat anything and everything and not get full. I have dubbed it Shark Week so when I talk with friends. They get a kick out of that, but it's appropriate for how much I want to eat. The urge to eat stops abruptly about 2 days before AF shows and then a day after AF shows up my weight goes back to normal completely and I have my energy back.

I am currently up about 2 or 3 pounds and AF should be showing in a couple days. Looking forward to seeing what the scale says on Sunday!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 2-4lb but lose it again easily once my hormone calm down.
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Going through that right now. I know it and I STILL stepped on the scale only to frustrate myself! argh!!!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Total normal honey... I usually know when I'm about to start, I eat so much leading up to it, then it's a fight to get it off after!
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yup normal! I'm 5lbs like clockwork - it goes away right after. If I indulge and take in too much salt it might last an extra day or two that's it :-)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on the month, sometimes I do bloat up like a pufferfish (jeans are snug, shoes are snug) and this is when I either maintain my weight, or gain a lb or two, then a few days after my official "period arriving" day, the water weight drops off (magnificent bathroom breaks!) as well as a lb or two.

Some months I don't gain at all, and I don't end up losing either.

I exercise regularly during TOM, and try to keep my raging hunger in check by many small snacks throughout the day, plenty of water and green tea.
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You bet it happens to most of us. Must admit the worst time for me was when I went through a stage of having a male personal trainer. Of course I knew the reason for my 5lb weight gain, but he just kept asking my what I thought I'd been doing wrong all week!!! He was impressed the following week though when I'd 'lost' the 5lb plus another 1!! ;-)
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    me too, water retention!!
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You bet it happens to most of us. Must admit the worst time for me was when I went through a stage of having a male personal trainer. Of course I knew the reason for my 5lb weight gain, but he just kept asking my what I thought I'd been doing wrong all week!!! He was impressed the following week though when I'd 'lost' the 5lb plus another 1!! ;-)

*cracks up*

I used to have that at WW even and I was damned if I was announcing in front of everyone that it was my TOM.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    exact same happens to me .. I avoid the scale that week!

Yep, this for me too.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You know with a title like that every man is going to look! ROFL!

lmao sorry! I didn't know how to word my title lmao!
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    I drink lemon water for a natural diuretic to help with bloating and just wait til it's over to weigh.
  • YamadaSan
    YamadaSan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I gain around 3-5 lbs. I try to avoid the scale on those days.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight, so it's not fat or anything. Totally irrelevant!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If you're on the pill, that might be why you have water retention. My doctor made me switch for one with lower levels of hormones and it decreased noticeably.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well I hate pms. Feels like I've been doing that for the past three weeks now! I'm sixteen days late on my period and negative pregnancy test (I really thought the doc messed up on hubby LOL). Still waiting for "Aunt Flo" to show. :noway: Sigh. Hormones. :grumble:
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When you are menstruating do you gain a few lbs and those few lbs are so hard to knock off but right after your period is done you are back to your normal weight or you even loss a few more lbs? is this normal?

jesus h christ on a crutch!! i've never menstrurated and i know that this is completely normal!!!
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    About a week before AF is due I can eat anything and everything and not get full. I have dubbed it Shark Week so when I talk with friends. They get a kick out of that, but it's appropriate for how much I want to eat. The urge to eat stops abruptly about 2 days before AF shows and then a day after AF shows up my weight goes back to normal completely and I have my energy back.

This is what happens to me. I can not get full... lol at the Shark Week thing, I may have to use that!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Omg, you gain weight on your period???

That would suck.