Looking older or younger, What's your experience?

Options
124»

Replies

• crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Some say I look a bit younger than 39.....makes me feel good so I can fool around like a twen and not beeing that old, serious man I should be...haha
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I get mistaken for a teenager all the time
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Older :-( im 26, i get taken for mid 30's quite a lot, I like to think its my mature demeanour rather than looks based lol
    My husband is 27, he always gets mistaken for mid 30s as well- possibly because he has a fulll beard :-)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of both, but mainly that I look older. I am 20 in 2 weeks.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've always looked older, people thought I was 18 when I was 14. and 14 when I was 10.
    Now I'm catching up to my age haha. I look 20 but I'm 18.
  • NanoBear
    Options
    I haven't been asked for ID since I was about 13. But people are starting to tell me I look younger now that I'm losing weight.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 I was told I looked like a college student.
    Now I'm in college and I'm ALWAYS told I look 14..

It always bugged me, but I guess now I'll like looking younger as I age.
    Or so I'm told lol.
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 33 and have been told I look mid-twenties. I have a feeling this won't last once the weight starts coming off though - I figure the fat is just filling the wrinkles at the moment! :laugh:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hmmm most people look their age even if subconsciously we want to be told we look younger. I am 25, and I usually get anywhere in the early to mid 20s depending on how I dress. Last November I got carded twice at the club. Once at the door and another while I was in. I guess he really didn't think I looked my age..lol
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm traumatized by how much older than my age people have guessed me. When I was 19, a woman asked if I went to high school with her...BEFORE I HAD EVER BEEN BORN :embarassed:

Even last year before I moved to Japan, I was sitting with a same-age, same-grade, same-major classmate and talking outside. This guy smokes, drinks coffee/alcohol, parties, I don't think wears sunscreen...I don't smoke, don't drink, don't party, and wear sunscreen religiously. A man approached us and asked him, "So you go to _____ University?" and then asked me, "And did you graduate from there or somewhere else?" :cry:

In high school, people thought I was a graduate student. In undergraduate (now) people have mistaken me for a PHD student.

I started having to ask for the children's menu when I was around 12...my ex boyfriend's sister is older than me and would receive the menu at 21+ :frown:

It was really hard when I was younger, because everyone expected me to act like an adult and take on a lot more responsibility than my peers. I wasn't allowed as much leeway for instance.

Been asked about my husband and kids since 18, and even once had a woman ask me if a (what looked to be) elementary school-aged kid in the school library was mine. :sad: I would have had to have gotten pregnant in elementary school...

People always like to ask me my age too...as if to wonder why the "old lady" is hanging out with them (I think). I'm 4'10" (normal weight, although losing to get thinner) so I know it's not my height to blame either. My mom says it is because of how I act and my vibe, but I don't know if she's just saying that to be nice. She's aged really well.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Im 36 but i am always told that i look like im in my 20s and i love it. :smile:

rsz_cooltext764704302.jpg
    17427511.png
  • MrsEnglish28
    Options
    I got on a bus a few months ago and was asking how much the Fare was from A-B and he asked for a child or adult!!! I said for me!! To which he said "yeah child or adult" I am 27 in a few weeks! Was nice as I had been having a rough few days!!
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Reached the point where I got ID'd the other day and he had to work out if my year of birth put me over 18. I'm 25.

I've also taken to high fiving bouncers if they ask for ID. It's just more fun than getting miffed that I look like a child. And probably brightens their day too if the last chap is anything to go by.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and people have thought I was 21-22. Flattering, I suppose.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost weight I am being ID'd and everyone thinks I'm younger. it doesn't bother me at all though.

Its amazing how much being overweight makes you look older.
  • Jessvaliquette
    Jessvaliquette Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and even people that I have worked with for a few years are always shocked, no one has ever thought i was over 26. At a carnival a guy did that game guess your age, he guessed 24, I won a teddy bear. His next game was guess your weight, yeah if he would have asked that I would have made him eat the teddy bear, lol, but as I am approaching 40 I am happy people think I am mid 20s. Hopefully I don't age over night. lol