Military wife needs support! :)

Options
Hi! I'm Kendra! I am a USMC wife and my hubby just left yesterday for an 8 month deployment. I am looking for other military wives that are trying to lose the weight before their hubbys return for support. I want him to be shocked when he sees me again. I think it will be a lot easier to lose this 15 month old baby weight while he's gone too. He's such a bad influence with food! I have lost some but I have at least 40 lbs to go before I will be happy. Add me if you are a military wife struggling to lose the weight!

Replies

• stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oohrah to a fellow motivator...Hope he stays safe!

Check out my thread, and feel free to add me

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743724-useful-links-for-you-must-read
  • kendrarochelle02
    kendrarochelle02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my husband is in the military and stationed at ft sill Oklahoma. It would be nice to have more military wife friends :)
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ^ Arty Marine or Army??
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Army, 14G, air defense
  • kendrarochelle02
    Options
    Thanks! Added you!
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Military daughter. Does it count?
  • kendrarochelle02
    Options
    Sure! I don't really care as long as I get some good supportive friends! Lol. What branch is your parent in?
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Kind of opposite, lol, but I'll be leaving for basic training in October. On the other hand, I understand the struggles of being a military SO. Been there, done that. Didn't end well, :laugh:
  • spedabstbit
    spedabstbit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wife of former USMC, here. Would love to connect, if that qualifies! I think it's a great idea - slimming down while hubby is away!
  • kendrarochelle02
    Options
    Good luck going to basic!
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was a military wife for over 20 years. Good luck on your journey!
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    I'm a Marine mom...my son deploys in November if that counts. You can add me if you like. BTW I'm here everyday and log everyday
  • amymfr
    Options
    Hey!!! My name is Amy. Congratulations on starting and choosing to continue your weight loss journey! My husband is in the Coast Guard - stationed on land at SNNE in Portland, ME now, so he's around for this assignment - but he's a great chef so I totally get the bad influence thing! I've been working hard on losing after we relocated here in June...I'd love to have more friends for support as well!! Add me if you'd like!!!
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    add me :)
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kendra! I am a USMC wife and my hubby just left yesterday for an 8 month deployment. I am looking for other military wives that are trying to lose the weight before their hubbys return for support. I want him to be shocked when he sees me again. I think it will be a lot easier to lose this 15 month old baby weight while he's gone too. He's such a bad influence with food! I have lost some but I have at least 40 lbs to go before I will be happy. Add me if you are a military wife struggling to lose the weight!

Hey Kendra. I am not a military wife.. but I am working to drop unwated lbs. Add me if you are interested.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a Navy wife and have been through multiple deployments. Wishing your husband a safe deployment and I hope it goes by quickly for the both of you!
  • blueblood1
    blueblood1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm marrying military in 31 days!! My fiance is in the USCG and we are stationed in Clearwater, FL! Good luck while he's gone! I know personally that it is NOT easy!!!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am ex military wife....AF wife. I know what it's like....so if u want, u can add me!