Best & Most Unique ICE CREAM flavor you've ever had!

Options

Replies

• chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Blue Moon ice cream at a little shop I visited with my grandmother. It tasted like egg nog. Wonderful stuff!
  • catinhat24
    catinhat24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so glad i live in the great city of Savannah cause we have the best ice cream place ever, Leopold's and man do they have the best ice cream in the world with all sorts of different flavors. I don't know if it's unique but the best ice cream I've ever had is Starbucks caramel mocchiato..... but since it's loaded with all the bad stuff I'm trying to avoid i haven't had any in awhile.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The cardamom ice cream I had at Elizabeth on 37th in Savannah, Georgia. Such a beautiful and special restaurant! Best meal of my life. The cardamom ice cream was served alongside a peach and blueberry tarte. I'm generally of the opinion that if it's not chocolate it's not worth eating for dessert, but this was incredible.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    All of Jenis Ice Cream

My fav's: Anything with alcohol and Goat Cheese and Cherry.

Their sweet corn and raspberry is delicious also.
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Red Velvet Ice Cream from Sprinkles in Los Angeles: sweet cream layered with bites of Sprinkles cupcakes iconic red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting in a red velvet waffle cone. My friend got a sundae so they topped hers with a red velvet cupcake top >.<

andddd Nutella Ice Cream from Milk, also in LA
  • clioratha
    clioratha Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Most unique: Shiner Bock ice cream, at Amy's in Austin TX (mentioned by other folks earlier). Also, ginger ice cream (from a Japanese restaurant).

Favorite: Hard to say - my late grandfather used to make an awesome black raspberry homemade ice cream. I'm also partial to several of the gelato flavors I tried in Italy. If it has raspberries or dark chocolate, chances are I'll like it.

I'd love to try the lavender ice cream some people have mentioned!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This is on my to try list

Jeni%27s_Website_Cherry_Lambic_Pint__76542_zoom.jpg
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Don't these ice creams have like 2,000 calories a serving? How do they fit into the meal plan? I'd love to eat Ben and Jerry's, but I know I'd be tempted to eat the whole container!

Partake in a reasonable portion size on one of your indulgence days. Unless you're someone who does not have days to eat these kinds of foods.

I plan a day during the week (date night usually) that I permit myself to eat the things I want in moderation. Still track it...but I'm not gonna beat myself up for having ice cream once in a while.

If it's a temptation for you (to eat the whole container of Ben and Jerry's, etc) then avoid it.
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Christmas cookies in july! Bluebell really knows what they're doing.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    When I lived in Papua New Guinea many moons ago, there was this store we went to for icecream and my favourite ice cream flavour there was....liquorice. It looked like grey cement sludge, but it was the most delicious ice cream ever, and I have never been able to find it again.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I feel we are less adventurous with our ice cream in Alberta (Canada) because I have never seen anything like the ones you're talking about!

My favorite is rainbow sherbert though!
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    just this past weekend I had a sour cherry sorbet. It was amazing! Sadly, you cannot buy it on grocery store shelves. It was at a fancy restaurant we went to, and the chef made it.

I kept trying to figure out the flavours in it, and my husband kept saying "it's sour cherry. what are you trying to figure out? it's sour cherry!!!" I swear, there was nutmeg or clove in it or something… sooooooo good!
  • LishaCole
    Options
    Best/unique icecream: lavender gelato... so good! Made at the Kingfisher resort from their own lavender.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It's not ice cream, its actually a popsicle in layers:

Prix Fixe 5 Courses, Italy:
    Prosecco
    Lemon Beet Salad
    Brasaeola
    Veal Ragu,Tomato Confit
    Tiramisu

It's from Ice-Cubed food truck. And yes, you are reading the layers of flavors correctly.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    All of Jenis Ice Cream

Same here! I like the lavender one and the cayenne pepper one! Man I miss Jeni's...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Red Velvet Ice Cream from Sprinkles in Los Angeles: sweet cream layered with bites of Sprinkles cupcakes iconic red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting in a red velvet waffle cone. My friend got a sundae so they topped hers with a red velvet cupcake top >.<

andddd Nutella Ice Cream from Milk, also in LA

hole *kitten*. that sounds AWESOME!
  • rhvandan
    Options
    I'm with the garlic bunch. The Stinking Rose in LA has it. It was "meh"

My favorite ice cream is Haagen Dazs belgian chocolate. Oh man, that is heaven right there!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    All of Jenis Ice Cream

Same here! I like the lavender one and the cayenne pepper one! Man I miss Jeni's...

Go bucks!

<--osu alum
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerrys - Wavy Gravy - its retired now and I would do anything, a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g to get my hands on some :)

Also any flavor from a place called Shakes, its frozen custard and probably the best thing I've ever tasted!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    seriously though, I like Bluebell's Cotton Candy for both answers.

Every time I go to eat ice cream I thank God I'm in Texas... I can't imagine ice cream without Bluebell.

*singing* Blue Bell is the best tasting ice creeeeeam, in the country!

(But I do prefer Breyer's rocky road!)

Meh. I prefer Braum's Ice Cream... Mmmm... if we ever move outside of the Braum's distribution area I am going to be so sad.