I need some good tilapia recipes

Options
ladybug4233
ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
I got some tilapia to eat for lunch. What are some yummy recipes you use?

Thanks,
Candie

Replies

• 75Juniper
    Options
    Bump...
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Don't need a recipe. Bake it, eat it. Season with lemon pepper and a tiny bit of salt.
  • Swimnstitch
    Options
    I put the tilapia filet in some aluminum foil with a 1/2 tbls of olive oil and some black pepper or lemon pepper, and then bake or broil.

Also, I would recommend using any catfish recipe, but substitute tilapia. Allrecipes.com is a big help for this!
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I put the tilapia filet in some aluminum foil with a 1/2 tbls of olive oil and some black pepper or lemon pepper, and then bake or broil.

How long and at what temperature?

Thanks for helping me,
    Candie
  • reree6898
    reree6898 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like it a bit crispy most of the time so I use some Canola Oil spray in a pan on the stove top, put some lemon juice over it and some salt free garlic-herb spices and cook till its flaky...so good! Another good way to cook it is to put it in a baking dish and again put some lemon juice over it and garlic-herb spices then bake on 350 till almost done through, then top it with grated parmesan cheese and put back in the oven till the parmesan browns a bit.

Just always use a bit of lemon juice to kill the "fishy" flavor.
  • kristilynne84
    Options
    Bake your tilapia in the oven with garlic and a few onions (if you want them). Meanwhile cut up zucchini, summer squash, and tomatoes. Saute them lightly in a pan (with cooking spray), do the tomatoes last in the pan. When the tilapia is done, put the veggie mixture on top of the tilapia and add some feta cheese. Amazing!!!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I use it when I make fish tacos. In fact that's on the menu for Monday night. Otherwise I usually just put lime or lemon and a little salt/pepper and maybe some cayenne pepper to give it a little spice.
  • Wilson929
    Options
    straight up easy fish. we have this in our house all the time. super quick
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-fish-in-foil.html
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I usually just sprinkle it with a little salt, pepper, and lemon juice and bake it. Or if i have time I'll dip it in egg white and then a bread crumb and parmesan cheese mixture.
  • sandiburn
    Options
    I love to eat tilapia. i season with McCormic steak seasoning and pan fry in a VERY hot skillet with fat free butter. This "blackens" the fish. Then I put it on bed of fresh spinach with feta cheese. A few squirts of wishbone vinigetette on the salad and the fish. AMAZING!!!!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Don't need a recipe. Bake it, eat it. Season with lemon pepper and a tiny bit of salt.

Agreed --This is wonderful :happy:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can steal some ideas!
  • lauranell79
    lauranell79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    straight up easy fish. we have this in our house all the time. super quick
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-fish-in-foil.html

Agreed...this recipe is one of my fave go to especially after a long day at work and then the gym :) I used broccoli instead of aspargus. Throw in a serving of brown rice. Perfect!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Bake it with a tablespoon of salsa and a sprinkle of shredded taco cheese on top. Yum.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I liked this one, simple and tasty:

Ingredients
    4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
    1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange) $
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preparation
    1. Arrange fish in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Combine orange juice and next 9 ingredients (through garlic); pour over fish. Let stand 15 minutes.
    2. Preheat broiler.
    3. Sprinkle fish with paprika; broil 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Drizzle sauce over fish.
  • msnaynichols
    msnaynichols Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a mayo eater, I love mayonnaise. The way I do my Tilapia is : I bake in butter low fat, I apply a coat of mayo over the fish right before I take it out the oven and then I sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. I put it back in the oven to brown on top, then take it out. May not look great but once you plate it with your fav veggie, it is the bomb !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-tilapia-parmesan/

My fave!! I just made it last night.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I eat it almost every night, and I find simple is best in my world. Sauteed in about a teaspoon of olive oil, just enough to coat the pan, over medium high heat about 2-3 minutes per side, just till it gets a bit crunchy and brown. I use McCormick's lemon pepper grinder, and grind some seasoning over the top just before I eat it. It never gets dull for me. Love it that way.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Take a small lime, zest the whole thing and rub it on both sides, squeeze the juice from the lime over the filet, pinch of salt, dash of pepper on both sides, bake or grill for 8-10 minutes. Sometimes I slice up half and avocado, crumble up a few croutons, and take steamed spinach and put it on top. ;)