I'm kind of scared. No one to talk to.

Options
124»

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't at all think she's fishing for attention. She posted her calorie count to voice that she's unable to eat more because she feels sick and bloated. The point of these forums are for support and she voiced she has no support from friends or family although in my honest opinion if your friends shrug you off then they aren't real friends.

I've had stomach issues recently and went to my doctor because I was feeling sick for no reason and the only thing that made feel better was a light beer. So I can see why she would want to work out so she feels better even though it's not the healthiest, nobody likes to feel sick. My doc agreed with me that it's probably just stress from my upcoming wedding so she gave me some samples of a medicine to reduce the acid in my stomach. I'm feeling better now and I haven't had the sick feeling in about a week maybe.

To the OP I hope you figure out what's going on and you feel better and also that you get a better support system. I know my friends would never shrug me off if something like this happened to me.

To those saying she's just looking for attention, have some compassion, not everyone is looking for attention. Some actually do post something for honest advice because not everyone has a great family or circle of friends for support so for some this online community is their support.
  • gangstaxkel
    gangstaxkel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't at all think she's fishing for attention. She posted her calorie count to voice that she's unable to eat more because she feels sick and bloated. The point of these forums are for support and she voiced she has no support from friends or family although in my honest opinion if your friends shrug you off then they aren't real friends.

I've had stomach issues recently and went to my doctor because I was feeling sick for no reason and the only thing that made feel better was a light beer. So I can see why she would want to work out so she feels better even though it's not the healthiest, nobody likes to feel sick. My doc agreed with me that it's probably just stress from my upcoming wedding so she gave me some samples of a medicine to reduce the acid in my stomach. I'm feeling better now and I haven't had the sick feeling in about a week maybe.

To the OP I hope you figure out what's going on and you feel better and also that you get a better support system. I know my friends would never shrug me off if something like this happened to me.

To those saying she's just looking for attention, have some compassion, not everyone is looking for attention. Some actually do post something for honest advice because not everyone has a great family or circle of friends for support so for some this online community is their support.
    Thank you, that really means a lot.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Did you call the phone# yet? Your last post said you would call "later". It's later. Call them NOW. Please!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    im sorry that you put yourself out here and u get negative attention, i wish you the very best. id call numbers and keep the doc appt. from the bottom of my heart im so so glad you want help and i sure hope you find it! if you wanna friend me, you can talk to me t anytime. super cyber hugs!!! <lol>
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope your GI doctor can help you out. I had some horrible, chronic GI problems a few years ago. I eventually tried eliminating gluten, for fear of having to be on immunosuppressants for the rest of my life, and it did the trick for me. No guarantees that this would "fix" you, but just wanted to mention that some tummy problems are bad enough that they can screw up your eating patterns and pretty much every other facet of your life. I know that when I had gallbladder issues, I couldn't eat anything for several weeks that contained any more than about 5g of fat without having stabbing pains.

If you start feeling even remotely dizzy or weak, if I was there with you, I would drag you to the ER by your shirt collar if I had to. I liked the suggestion someone else made to try eating more calorie-dense foods like nuts, cheeses, avocado, meats (if you eat meat), and so on, but if you are in fact having gallbladder issues, that could make it worse. Just try a couple bites of one of those types of foods, and if you tolerate it well, try some more. If not, try something else. A protein shake or a meal bar that is high in protein might be a good place to start.

Just please don't feel like you are all alone. Reaching out here was a good start. If you do think you are having or developing some psychological issues in relation to food/eating/not eating, please call a professional (the hotlines people suggested here are a good place to start). It would probably be a good thing just to chat with someone anyway, even a school counselor or mental health services within your college or greater community, especially considering what you mentioned about feeling like you have no one to talk to and like you can't talk to your family or peers about your problems. Those services are often free for at least an initial session.

Hang in there.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    All that jumping to conclusions should burn quite a few calories. :laugh:
    To the OP: It could be an allergic reaction to something in your diet, or a million other things. Hopefully your doc should be able to figure it out. Good luck to you.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are going to see your doctor. In all earnestness, you should avoid going to the gym until you do see your doctor.

Based upon what you have posted previously in this thread you may well be experiencing a medical issue and should not push yourself until your doctor can diagnose your current condition. Lab work is a must here.

Eat as much as you can manage, and keep your medical appointment!

I wish you well, and hope it turns out to be something simple.
  • anissa1013
    anissa1013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. There are so many people with food and body issues, it is a complex issue that is crucial to address. As has been suggested, calling a crisis line is a very good start. Making an appointment with a counselor who is familiar with eating disorders and body issues is another good step in the right direction. Seeing your primary care doctor is also important to assess your overall health because when you are not taking in enough calories, it can cause adverse health affects. You are worth everything and deserve to feel supported and loved. (I am a psychotherapist and have seen many people recover and grow from working through their underlying issues, so....please know that you can heal. whatever. may be. your situation/issues.) sending you positive energy and strength to move forward and care for yourself.
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So sorry you are going through this! I hate when I have a day like this because I am sick; I can hardly imagine what it would be like for days on end! You said your appointment is later in the week; I would make an urgent care trip tomorrow first thing. Definitely do not exercise until you get this resolved. You could have some serious effects if you do. I know exercise makes you feel better, but try some deep breathing and stretching instead. Hugs to you.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That stinks
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It may also be helpful to print or write out your food journal for the past week or 2 so you and the doctor can go over what you have been eating. Also, when you go, try to be completely honest with the doctor so that you can get the best help possible. There is no need to feel embarrassed or ashamed. The doctor is a professional and is there to help. It will be easier for them to help you if they have all the information. I hope you feel better soon!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Just checking to see if you had your appointment. Not sure what day it was.....hopefully today.....and hopefully you got some answers and will be feeling better soon.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Just checking to see if you had your appointment. Not sure what day it was.....hopefully today.....and hopefully you got some answers and will be feeling better soon.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.

^ This. I also wanted to check in to see if you met with the GI doc yet. How are you doing today?
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I pm'd her a few days back and got no response. I suggested she leave an update, so I am hoping she is okay and just not coming to MFP for the time being.
  • natalieg0307
    Options
    Hoping all is well.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Here is a snippet for the Harvard Medical School Newsletter that might be of help.

7 ways to calm your upset stomach

Maybe you've just eaten, or finished a meal an hour or so ago—and now your stomach just doesn't "feel right." You feel bloated and uncomfortable. Or maybe it's more of a burning sensation. Maybe you feel queasy, or even throw up. You might say you have an "upset stomach" or indigestion. If there is no known medical cause for your symptoms, your doctor would call it "dyspepsia" or "bad digestion."

Indigestion is real. The medical term for persistent upper abdominal pain or discomfort without an identifiable medical cause is functional dyspepsia. Eating often triggers symptoms of functional dyspepsia. Sometimes the discomfort begins during the meal, other times about half an hour later. It tends to come and go in spurts over a period of about three months. One of the annoying things about functional dyspepsia is that a medical workup often finds no physical or anatomical cause for it.

If you suffer from functional dyspepsia, you're not alone. Roughly 25% of the population is affected, and it hits men and women equally. It's responsible for a significant percentage of visits to primary care doctors; in part because many people worry they might have an ulcer. It's a reasonable concern, given that 10% of Americans develop a peptic ulcer at some time in their lives. While it's frustrating that the cause of functional dyspepsia is unknown, it's even more frustrating that there is no surefire cure.

The good news is that there are simple things you can try to help get some relief.

1. Avoid foods that trigger your symptoms.
    2. Eat small portions and don't overeat; try eating smaller, more frequent meals and be sure to chew food slowly and completely.
    3. Avoid activities that result in swallowing excess air, such as smoking, eating quickly, chewing gum, and drinking carbonated beverages.
    4. Reduce your stress. Try relaxation therapies, cognitive behavioral therapy, or exercise. An aerobic workout 3-5 times per week can help, but don't exercise right after eating.
    5. Get enough rest.
    6. Don't lie down within two hours of eating.
    7. Keep your weight under control.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I see a new profile picture of the OP, but no update here, wondering if she is okay.:ohwell:
  • natalieg0307
    Options
    Just sent her a pm.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    To all of you knocking the OP: did you actually read everything she posted? She used to eat 1200 calories per day but just recently started feeling sick all the time and lost her appetite. She doesn't know why, so she made a doctor appointment. That doesn't sound irresponsible or attention-grabbing to me. She's just confused, wants to eat without feeling nauseated, and needs advice.

I'm on medicine that makes me kind of nauseated some days. On those days, it's really hard for me to eat much, and walking helps my stomach feel better. I totally get where she's coming from. I talked to my doctor, and we reduced my dosage. In her case, it might be something medical. She's listening to her body and acting on it. She's DOING THE RIGHT THING. Calm your tits.

Amen to this!!!