Looking for some younger MFP friends!

Options
Hey everyone! I've been on MFP for a few months and I am absolutely in love with all of the support I get from my friends - all of which I've added basically at random! I've noticed that I'm a little bit young compared to many of my friends and I thought that it would be nice to have some more friends who are around my age.

I'm 19 years old and from Ontario, Canada. I'm in my second year at one of the best universities ever (Cha Gheill!). If you're around my age, let's be friends! Not enough young people have made the commitment to get fit and healthy and I think there should be more of us.

(On a side note: I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I'm not being ageist, it's just hard to relate to people with careers and children and husbands and wives!)

Replies

• TstarW
    TstarW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Tiffany,
    I just turned 24 and I am going to school at the University in Calgary, Alberta. I am not married and no kids lol I am just trying to keep the weight off and go to school but the food at our school sucks. Add me if u would like.
  • spikefoot
    Options
    I agree..but a lot of my older friends are the most immature and fun ones... oh yeah.. don't add me I am too old ;)
  • krisc15
    krisc15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 from NJ already went to college. But not married and no kids. You can add me too!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    t67388a_pedo-bear-too-old.jpg
  • malicent
    Options
    LOL............. I'm 24 but hecka don't act my age. I hate joining sites like these and having old geezers hit me up like "sup brah" and it's like no, dude. no. Your SON would be my bro, not you old man. LOL. Or how bout dem cougars.. LMAOO. I joined a diabetes site a couple weeks ago and I'm all chatting it up with 70-something year-olds on forums. I've never spoken to someone that old in person LOL. AWWWWWWWWW YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZ!!
  • malicent
    Options
    t67388a_pedo-bear-too-old.jpg

LMAO PEDOBEAR FTW.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *sniff sniff* i was just talking to an old college friend stating how old i feel *LOL*
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Get off my lawn! Damn kids.
  • MrsMcToad
    MrsMcToad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Haha!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I will send you a freind request, in a few minutes after I take my Geritol and change my depends undergarmet....
  • Hoonooria
    Hoonooria Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hy there :) My name is Petra, I'm 20 and I'm on 2year of faculty of education and rehabilitation :) Feel free to add. I also have a lot of friends around my age and that attend college added. so check them out too :)
  • MrsMcToad
    MrsMcToad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 25... that may be too old..!!
  • 12weekstoloseit
    Options
    Im 19 in a couple of months :)
  • mandiebrandt
    Options
    Hi im mandie :)
    I am 18 & looking to lose 35lbs. Please feel free to add me! I would love to motivate anyone & for them to do the same.
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Haha! Loving all these replies. Those of you who are joking about being too old... your jokes are still awesome and proof that age is just a number. I love everyone on MFP haha!
  • tritepoet
    Options
    23 =) Feel free to add!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I can relate to wanting to have friends and associates that are closer to your own age. My issue is that I am a Male, so while my body is 42 years old my brain acts like it's around 17..so... I like apples.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    (On a side note: I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I'm not being ageist, it's just hard to relate to people with careers and children and husbands and wives!)

It doesn't offend me at all. I'll accept friends of all ages but yes, if you're looking for weight loss help, the same age and gender helps.
  • cynops
    cynops Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP a couple of days ago. Feel free to add me :)

(I'm 18)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What if someone has a FT job, and children and a husband at 19 or 20?! Are you going to deny their friendship?

What if someone is 43 and works at Starbucks and has maybe, like, a dog? What about them??