best time to do insanity

Options
I was just wondering when the best time to do insanity was? I was thinking in the morning before i eat breakfast?

Replies

• dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do mine at 4:00 am each morning.. I leave for work around 6, so I have to do it that early to get it done.. I didn't like the evening workouts.. Always found an excuse to not do it..
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it in without talking yourself out of it. I have 3 more days of month 1 and I mainly do it at work during lunch. If not, it's whenever I can squeeze 45 minutes of torture in...
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Whenever you can fit it in and can move!! I was going to do Day 3 this morning, but my muscles were too sore. I am doing it tonight after my boys go to bed and pray I can move tomorrow morning :)
  • Kath888
    Options
    I do mine around 5:30 a.m before I can even think about not doing it
    With exercise though I think it has to be when you have the time and energy to do it.
  • afrances5238
    Options
    I do mine during the mornings, like 9 or 10 (stay at home mom here). My husband on the other hand comes home & starts working out immediately. He seems to like it. I would suggest to just do it when it is good for you but don't make any excuses. I almost didn't want to this morning because my body was soooo sore!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    When are you the most awake and energized? If you pick a time during the day when you're usually in a good place mentally (some people wake up ready to go, others have the most energy in the afternoons, etc.), rather than just an arbitrary time, you're more likely to do the workout and be successful with the program.
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Agreed with LilRed.....the time you find yourself in your best mental and physical state. Honestly, anytime you do it is the best time. I start at 4:30 a.m. only because I then have to get myself and three kids ready and head out of the house by 7 a.m. But I make sure to get proper rest, so I try to be in bed by 9 p.m. on weekdays. Keep pressing play and pushing your hardest and you will make yourself super proud! Good luck!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mornings worked the best for me. I use to workout in the afternoons after work but then "life" got in the way and so I switched to early mornings before work on a empty stomach at that. It was one of the best choices I made because it was just me, some of the people I coach on WOWY and Shaun. All of it on my time, no distractions. A plus to it was that since I was working out on an empty stomach it really helped with the fat loss because there is no other fuel source for my body to go after. So I agree with the others that have said mornings. Keep it up and keep us posted.

Charlie