C25K App Suggestions

Options
Whutto1
Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
I recently started C25K and downloaded the Double Run app for my Droid Razr. The last few times I went for a run the app quits in the middle of my run...its so frustrating! I have also been using slacker radio when I am running. Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe have tried a different app?? Thanks so much!!

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I use C25K Lite for my android. I will do the last day of the program tomorrow and never had any problems with it.
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use the APP by ZenLabs... I have an iPhone.. Not sure if they have that APP for the Droid. If so, I recommend it.
    Very user friendly.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I use the runkeeper app for the intervals. You can set up an activity in it that tells you when 1 min is and 1.5 min etc, it even has a repeat option so you don't have to repeat each step in the set up. Don't follow the calories on it though, it was way way low on that. It also lets you press a button within the app to play your personal music playlist that is on your phone. It can also map the entire run, tell you your total distance, and tell you your speed/mi or pace for each segment of the activity you have set up. So it told me how fast my running part was and how fast my walking part was.

If I didn't want the part of the app that tells me when to start and stop running then I would use my mapmyrun app instead. I really like that one and the calories seem closer to truth. It maps it, tells you your average speed distance gone, etc

Both of those are free. I don't know anything about the c25k app itself because I didn't want to pay for an app just to tell me when to start or stop running.

Calorie wise it is much wiser to use an HRM for accurate counts.

*** One other thing both of those apps have lasted on long hikes/c25k activities. I don't know what to tell you about the radio station except that it is probably killing your battery (pandora does that to my iphone).
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have the C25k Lite app for my ipad- I like it because they updated so you can use on treadmill. It only comes with 4 days for free but so far I like it so much I'll probably end up buying it :smile:
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    C25K Lite was free in the android marketplace.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I use the IPhone app from Active.com. Works perfectly. Not sure if they have one for the Droid.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stt.android&hl=en

It's pretty awesome IMO. Simple interface yet powerful features.

You can sync your runs with their website and you can also access other users' public runs. Check out sports-tracker.com for a preview!
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    C25K Lite was free in the android marketplace.
    Lucky! The app on itunes has the complete first week and first day of week 2. So I will have to purchase after that. I really like the app so far.
    I may try out some of the others that y'all mentioned as well.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    always strange how various apps don't work on certain phones. the rundouble app has been perfect on my droid.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    use the free version of Zen labs.. works great. I'm able to use mp3 function in thebackground, go to my homepage and load other apps, then go back to c25k without it messing anything up.
    I have an android- motorola flipside
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I use the C25K free from Zen Labs. I have it on my iPod touch, and on my Blackberry. I love it because you can use it while listening to music. You have your playlist going, and you will here a voice cut in over the music that says "begin warm-up now", "start running now", "start walking now", etc.

LOVE IT!!! It's free, and better than the original one I paid for. Highly recommend it! :smile:
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I tried C25K Lite on my android device but the audible alerts were too soft, couldn't hear them with any ambient noise at all. So I switched to the Impetus timer app. You have to create each workout in the timer yourself but that only takes a few minutes for each one. No distance measuring feature so you have only the time function. The audible is nice and loud so you can hear it even if there's other things going on around you. Advice about doing the C25K program. If you aren't runnig a 10 minute mile it is best to run the distance options for W5 D3, W6 D3 and all of weeks 7, 8 and 9.
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Check out Inspired on utube. If you search c25k on utube & watch her podcast she has a link to 4 shared. She has made a podcast for all 9 weeks you can download for free. I downloaded it & then put it on my I pod. I started the program on January 1 using it. Her music is great and she works you thu each week. I have transitioned from the treadmill to out doors. It is harder outside so I have gone back to week 7 with a goal of a 5 k next month.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have the C25K on my droid and it works perfect. You might want totry Runkeeper. Its available on the droid phones. It has coaching intervals like C25K. Run keeper calories burn have been fairly close to what my HRM has.
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will check them out....I just didn't want to purchase a bunch of apps if they didn't work.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am also curious as to other's opinions. I have a Droid phone, and was reading over the reviews in the Marketplace and some were complaining that the app closes on them.
  • renoclaf
    Options
    I've loved rundouble on my galaxy S2. Haven't had any trouble with it.
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo pro to track all my running, walking, and intervals. The app is great! Much more stable and low battery than others I've tried and the speed and distance are very accurate. I just started C210k using the interval training feature of the app and I absolutely love it. Not only does it track my total time, distance and tell me when to change pace, but at the end it gives me a break down of my speed during each interval.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone and use Ease into 5K . i have never had problem and use Pandora in the background.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Another vote the for the free one from Zen Labs for the iPhone. I've been really happy with it.