I am so discouraged :(

Options

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way..if you drop your phone..and get a scratch..do you throw it out..nope..its still in good condition..you pick it up..and move on with your day.

Thats the attitude you need..you cant drop all the success you had just because of one lousy day..
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't kock yourself, everyone slips. I went out and had the Red Lobster Endless Shrimp Feast. Not something I should of done but
    I enjoyed it. Got right back on my program the next day.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Forget...start over tomorrow.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the horse. A pound of fat is 3,500 calories. You probably didn't eat that many calories.

I've also heard that, but over what period of time does that apply? A week? Always been curious about that...
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "HOLY ****! I'VE EATEN SO MUCH! IM GOING TO BE OBESE"
    I bet you're thinking that. I know I have. But I read this and it put my mind at rest.

"Ok.

Stop.

Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.

I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, ok?

Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.

2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your *kitten*, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and **** and burns those 2000 calories.

To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a ****ing lot of calories, okay?

Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.

One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
    One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
    One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
    21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
    Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.

Did you ruin all your progress? No.

Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.

Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.

Know why?

Cause **** happens.

But we move on, and we stay determined.

Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself."

I read this in another post today and thought it was fantastic. Hope it inspires you as it did me.
  • SavingFaith65
    SavingFaith65 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I pretty much make at least one mistake a day in eating/drinking, I was still able to lose 2lbs this past week. Kick yourself for a minute, know you made the mistake and move on. Go for a walk, do some push ups or jumping jacks that might make you feel better, burn the calories you over eat to make up for it. Drink water.

Don't give up when you've made progress, why go backwards? Move forward, that's why you started this journey right?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Dear discouraged, have you looked into the Ideal Protein program? It solved my problem.

Do you happen to sell or be a dealer for Ideal Protein?
  • Don't be discouraged...My day was yesterday- the worst day since I started this lifestyle change on 8/8/12. I was craving oreo's, a cheeseburger and fries so bad but I didn't give in. I did eat way too many cashews and was over my calories for the day and I didn't work out. Today I feel much better- no cravings. Thank God! I'm surprised I didn't dream about food last night...It's a day by day battle for me and always will be.

Hang in there...we all have our days.

P.S. I have lost 26 pounds since 8/8 by cutting my calories to almost 1400 per day, have been doing cardio for 45 mins to an hour four to five days a week working up a drenching sweat and it feels so good AND the BIGGEST accomplishment is that I take no more high blood pressure meds. Everyone is noticing my weight loss and I'm down from a tight size 18 in jeans to a tight 12 in jeans. I no longer shop in the PLUS size departments...All of that makes it all worth it! YOU TOO CAN DO THIS!
  • nikkileigh1015
    Options
    Dont give up! just fix it. if you had a slip up, add an extra 10 to 20 minute walk/exercise to make up for it. But honestly, Its ok to treat yourself once in awhile.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said-- we all do it, and, you'll probably do it again. The big thing is, you realized it, and you are willing to admit it and ask for help. Now learn to move on and get back to it, and make it one day, not one week! I have the same problem with keeping sweets around...I"m good with some things, but others I know I have no control over (like when my daughter makes cookies!). It is an awesome feeling when you know your weaknesses and accept them, and move on! You can do it!
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If it makes you so unhappy that you've slipped up, then what good would giving up be?

it's 1000000000% worse than just carrying on. Nobody is perfect, everyone slips up now and again, but the important thing is to push on. If you've done it before you can do it again. No excuses!! :)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the horse. A pound of fat is 3,500 calories. You probably didn't eat that many calories.
    Yeah! Stay strong!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone! Don't give up :) the past is in the past.. let it be. Just move on and forget it happened. You can do this!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. Repeat as necessary...
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Log it, go for a walk, earn some calories and see where you are at the end of your day. It may not be as bad as you think. If you go over it is okay....shoot for a perfect day tomorrow. NOT all days have to be perfect, after all this is life, not a movie.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on a friends profile

My motivational message is this:
    You know that accidents can happen
    And it's okay,
    We all fall off the wagon sometimes
    It's not your whole life
    It's only one day
    You haven't thrown everything away.

So don't give up
    It takes a while.
    ~ Nikki Sixx
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It happens for now don't cry over spilt milk. Get up, get dressed and have yourself a good workout!
  • Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "Don't give up just because of one day! Your willpower muscle is probably tired from overuse."

I really like this quote.......its puts it into perspective and I couldn't agree more.

Get back up, dust yourself off, and keep on keeping on.

Good luck to you.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You are sooo not alone! I know it's tough, but don't beat yourself up about it or toss in the towel. I scarfed down 2000 calories in cookies just yesterday! We all have slip-ups, but we all know how to dust ourselves off and start doing the right thing again! Just start fresh with the next meal.
  • maytubbs
    maytubbs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there Discouraged.. you will make it through! I just started this 7 days ago.. so its been trial and error for me all week. I did find that when i wanted something to snack on like a sweet or something instead of fighting it and then going over board .. I ate a reeses peanut butter cup or like those small milky way... and just add it to my counts.. It satified me.. and i havent had one now for like 2 -3 days. This was at the beginning of the week when I was used to eating all of that. Hang in there!!