Work group breakfast

Options
kimmymayhall
kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
I'm bringing breakfast for my work group this Friday. It's a cook ahead, set it out on the counter, let people to graze type thing. The guy that I am paired with always brings biscuits and sausage gravy. I try to bring something to balance that out (he usually also has some sausage patties and maybe scrambled eggs.) I don't eat a lot of meat and he's got that covered. I usually bring a fruit salad sometimes with yogurt and granola, just looking for some other ideas. Don't get me wrong, I love having a little bit of biscuit and gravy alongside my fruit salad. It doesn't have to be "super healthy" but I want to offer some options for a balanced breakfast.

Replies

• hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Honestly the fruit/yogurt/granola seems like a nice counter balance to his food. I would be happy to have it! :)
  • kimmymayhall
    Options
    I'm sure that's what I'll do. I usually spend a couple days scrambling to figure out something else and then end up making a fruit salad. It's always good. And I never mind having leftovers. Thanks!
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    You might try something I make sometimes for dessert, but could be made for a breakfast...

I get an angel food or pound cake and some No Sugar Added Frozen Mixed Berries. Warm the berries in the microwave or on the stove and to serve you just spoon some of the berries over a slice of the cake.

Or, you could always try a drink. Like a mock mimosa with orange juice and ginger ale.

Just some thoughts... Not sure if they help or not. :smile:
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I always bring fruit salad to functions (not work though), sometimes I make a raspberry or mango dressing for it! Or for a women's meeting, I'd bring a fruit platter and healthy muffins ... banana choc chip made with whole wheat flour and greek yogurt.
  • kimmymayhall
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! There are a lot of berries at the store right now, so I will definitely be doing something with those.
  • kimmymayhall
    Options
    You might try something I make sometimes for dessert, but could be made for a breakfast...

I get an angel food or pound cake and some No Sugar Added Frozen Mixed Berries. Warm the berries in the microwave or on the stove and to serve you just spoon some of the berries over a slice of the cake.

That is one of my Mom's favorite desserts for family parties. Angel food cake with berry sauce (whipped cream optional), so good!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think what you normally bring is great! It's a great balance.

If you want a different way to present the fruit, maybe just a fruit tray that you make at home? Some of those wonderful berries your talking about, some grapes, oranges quartered, maybe a pineapple cut up. I was recently at a similar event and was soooo happy to see that someone had brought fresh fruit!!
  • kimmymayhall
    Options
    Fruit salad FTW! Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and mango with plain and vanilla yogurts and oat and honey granola. Just about all the fruit got eaten up with 1/4c left for me to have with lunch. Thanks ladies!