I need healthy breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I make a modified version of these muffins http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-harvest-breakfast-muffins-288307 (I replace one of the bananas with a whole diced apple, and replace half of the raisins with dried cranberries) in advance on the weekend, freeze half and refridge the other half. I work early in the mornings (5:30!:yawn: ) so I just grab 2 little muffins and pop them in the microwave when I get to work. They come out to about 150 calories each according to MFP, so 300 calories total.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Special K has some amazing breakfast meals in the frozen food isle that are under 200 calories. I ws surprised as they taste really good and are warm and fill you up. You can get veggie, eggs, meat, all sorts of stuff. I love it! In fact I'm going to walmart tomorrow to grab some more.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    In My breakfast today::
    Greek yogurt, plain, sweetened with stevia, and topped with chocolate sauce:)
    Steamed zucchini topped with spices and cheddar cheese Mmmmm
    Coffee

Another fav is
    Broccoli steamed, touched with butter and salt, garlic powder and fresh lemon juice

Love steamed veggies alongside breakfast....so satisfying and nice on the digestion, too:)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein shakes!! Very delicious and I also make various flavored oatmeals.
  • ktlynn4queen
    ktlynn4queen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently started making the best protein pancakes!

5 eggwhites
    1/4 C Oatmeal or Muesli
    1/4 C Coconut milk
    Teaspoon vanilla extract
    Teaspoon ground cinnamon

Whisk this all together and make pancakes like you normally would!

I top them off with unsweetened applesauce. You could do almond butter, peanut butter, or strawberry greek yogurt.

Only 172 Calories! And I am full all morning!
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of oat bran (100cals) with slivered almonds (30cals) and some raisins (30cals) with a packet of splenda, some cinnimon and nutmeg, topped off with unsweetened almond milk (35 cals per cup, but only use 1/2 cup) and it's under 200 cals. i eat it around 7am and then have a snack of more almonds around 10 or 10:30.
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut oatmeal wuth some fresh fruit added in, berries, bananas, etc.
    Greek yogurt!
    Green tea or coffee(no sugar)
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    my go-to bfst smoothie:
    Flavorite - Berry Medley (Frozen Mixed Berries), 0.5 cup
    Almond Breeze - Unsweetened Vanilla , 10 oz
    Flax Usa - Cold Milled Ground Golden Flax Seed, 1 tbsp (1 scoop)
    Sunwarrior - Protein Powder, 1 scoop

= 227 cal and I have a another fruit/veg/whatever or add an 80 cal 0 Fat Dannon Okios for more protien
  • lizchristine
    lizchristine Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Here's what I usually eat:

Egg sandwich:
    2 slices smart white wonder bread (100 calories)
    1 egg (70 calories) fried in pam
    1 slice 2% kraft cheese single (45 calories)
    Sometimes I add MorningStar veggie sausage (70 calories for two patties) or a slice of canadian bacon or ham

Piece of fruit (70 to 100 calories) & black coffee w/ splenda

It usually works out to be between 300 and 400 calories.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    here are a few ideas that I frequent in the morning:

Kashi go lean cereal (200 cals per cup)
    skim milk (about 45 calories per 1/2 cup)

fresh fruit and cottage cheese

whole grain toast, peanut butter, and some fresh fruit

if you use protein I'd recommend a smoothie or protein pancake
    (pancake is 1 egg, 2 egg whites, scoop of powder, and 1/4 instant oatmeal mixed and made like a regular pancake)

greek yogurt, fruit, and nuts

turkey bacon BLT

Those are just some things I use alot not including eggs... we go thru A LOT of eggs at our house, omelets and stuff... but there are plenty of substitutes for that... hope that helps!
  • jctcostello
    jctcostello Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound a little gross - but I love it. I get up too early to eat so I like to have something in the car... that I can eat/drink without making a mess. Here is the list of what you need:
    3 cups baby spinach
    1 cup vanilla soy or almond milk
    1 6 oz container of yogurt - I buy low fat/low calorie
    1 cup frozen fruit - I usually use strawberries

Put the spinach, milk, and yogurt in a cup and let sit for awhile (I let it sit while I am in the shower). Blend that together really well - it will be a yucky green color. Add the frozen fruit and blend really well. I will also add about two spoonfuls of flax seed/ flax meal mix and blend that in. I just use a little hand-held blender (hamilton beach) in a big plastic cup so I don't have to dirty my big blender.

I have tried plain milk, orange juice, different flavors of yogurt, you could add protein powder if you like. But this has really been good for me - and three servings of veggies, one serving of fruit, calcium... it is really good.
  • Jill2shay
    Options
    485 calories is WAAAAAYYYY too many for one meal for me. That's more than 1/3 of my total for the day!
  • jessicaj22
    Options
    Isn't 1200 calories a little too low??? You may want to rethink that.
  • Jill2shay
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I weigh 143...
  • richcreighton
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal with one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and a handful of raisins.
  • eganwood09
    eganwood09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boy, wish I was as guy and could have 485 calories for breakfast. Lucky!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a bowl of fruit (strawberries and bananas, for example ) topped with vanilla greek yogurt and bare naked granola.

I also like an egg(s) + fruit or steel cut oatmeal + fruit.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have eat all my fruit in the form of a green smoothie for breakfast, about 300 cal. It usually contains water, spirulina, spinach, banana, apple or pear or berries, and flaxseed. I find it quite filling and portable if I'm running late and have to drink it in the car.
  • jlobraun
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is a steel-cut oatmeal from Trader Joe's (it can be found in the frozen section) that I microwave, then add whatever fruit I have on hand. I really like to add raspberries, blueberries or oranges to it. It is super yummy, nutritious and easy.
  • muffy17
    muffy17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat an Oikos non-fat yogurt (ONLY yogurt I like) with some fresh berries on top and don't stir in the sugary fruit mixture that's on the bottom. Sometimes I skip that and eat a banana. I also like to have Belvita breakfast biscuits with a cup of coffee. they have 18g of whole grain per serving and fill me up and satisfy my sweet tooth and cookie cravings. The serving size is 4 biscuits - too many calories so i only eat 2. Jimmy Dean has some light breakfast sandwiches that i get by the case at Sam's Club that have turkey sausage, egg white, low fat cheese on an English muffin, not wonderful but not bad, they aren't very many points on Weight Watchers, either.