Fruits & Veggies

Options
2»

Replies

• amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I count everything. Sometimes I guestimate my lettuce I use in my salads when at the salad bar since lettuce isn't even close to being calorie dense but other than that I do. With weight watchers at least when I was on it, you got less points then what you would get calorie wise here to make up for the free foods and there have been people who find it doesn't work because they eat a ton of free foods which in fact have calories but they eat more of them then the program expects them to. I'd say to log them and count them, that's how this program is set up to work. I log everything that goes in my mouth including my fish oils and vitamins.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I count them for sure. I eat at least 8 a day.....if you are eating say eight 100 calorie mangos or bananas.....that's 800 cal! Even an apple or orange is 80.

I can see maybe lettuce or small amounts of things like jalepeno (I count those too) but not anything else...
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I count everything, but salad is tricky.

I make a huge salad every night, with a couple different kinds of lettuce, spring mix, and spinach, then add lots of veggies. A carrot, a couple radishes, some green/red/yellow/bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, celery, maybe asparagus or green beans, whatever is in the fridge. This is a a BIG bowl, for the whole family (of 5).

I usually eat a lot of this- 2 or three cups? for dinner (with no dressing) and then save the rest for the next day.

I'm not going to take the time to input it all and calculate exactly what I'm eating.

I just call it two cops of salad and don't worry about it much.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I count *everything* that goes in my mouth...

Not gonna do it...
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I count them. However, I just ate a little broccoli. I will include that in my dinner.