Im so scared :(

Options
I am really fond of my butt right now, so i'm so worried that if i work out too much that i'm going to lose my butt & end up flat :( It's almost as if this is stopping me from working out, which is not good. Any tips? Please!

Replies

• Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've actually been working out much more than paying attention to what I'm eating (thus no real weight loss yet!). I do zumba and although I haven't lost weight right now, my butt is definitely more shapely. I like my butt as well, and I'd like the other parts to go away. Zumba has been good for me, and I think if you do weight lifting exercises for that area, you should be good to go. Obviously I'm just speaking from experience, but try some hip shaking cardio!!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I also have a nice curvy booty. I started running 10-15 miles a week about a month ago. I've already noticed it's getting nicer. It's lifted but still keeping a nice curvy shape. I think if you do lower body exercises, you'll still keep your butt. Also lunges and squats are AWESOME to get a nice butt.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've got a curvy butt as well.. I do more weighs and it seems to get higher :) do more weights!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Try not to worry! I have a 'flat as a pancake ' butt...BUT. When my daughter was home this weekend she said 'mom, your tushie is getting shapely! I think it must be the biking...
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy and deep. Problem solved. :laugh:
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I think your butt can get smaller and still have an awesome shape :flowerforyou: Losing some of the fat on it and strengthening the muscles in there can only make it MORE awesome. That's my thought anyway.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

This.:flowerforyou:
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Strength training... Replace the fattiness with muscle. Squats... With weights.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Squats are a butt's best friend...mine used to be flat...now it is on the small side but round a perky - I"m loving my butt lately!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The glutes are a rather large muscle group, so hammer them with some barbell glute bridges and every other exercises others have mentioned.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and GHR's will shape your glutes. You may lose some glute mass due to fat loss, but proper training can enhance it's shape.
  • gothamriots
    Options
    Squats. Lunges. Biking. Elliptical (depends on the settings).
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Listen to this woman...she has the body of a goddess!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    squats. check out LIFT BIG EAT BIG (dot com).
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for the tips everyone. i appreciate it so much! i will try to do all of these! :)
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The glutes are a rather large muscle group, so hammer them with some barbell glute bridges and every other exercises others have mentioned.

Can you please explain barbell glute bridges? Thanks!
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Squats. Lunges. Biking. Elliptical (depends on the settings).

which setting lifts the tush?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I also have a nice curvy booty. I started running 10-15 miles a week about a month ago. I've already noticed it's getting nicer. It's lifted but still keeping a nice curvy shape. I think if you do lower body exercises, you'll still keep your butt. Also lunges and squats are AWESOME to get a nice butt.

^^^^^^ this. ;)
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    squats and lunges do a booty good :)
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It seriously just depends on how your built. I have the opposite of a flat bottom, and am the definition of a bubble bum. 5 years ago when I was swimming competitively and dancing (mainly ballet) competitively 6-7 days a week, i had an even rounder butt. It was firmer, but also larger. So you may not lose anything.

Good luck!