Ladies....tell me about a Brazilian wax!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Ok I know what they are but I need more details as to exactly how it's done. Not getting one (yet) but wanting to know if it's worth the money,pain, and embarrassment!:laugh: :embarassed:

Replies

• JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hurts like a MO FO!!!! but so worth it :)
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Why? Do you really think guys care about some hair right there?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Hurts. Stings. Throbby.

None of it in a good way. Lol

But it's pretty. ;)
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't bother - apparently it isn't very hygienic to be completely bare down there. I'll stick to my razor and trimmer :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It hurts like a b*tch.

But sometimes it's worth it.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ive thought of it... but completly scared... go for it... and let me know ;)
  • droogievesch
    Options
    Saves so much time shaving!
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Its great!! Definately worth the embarrasment at least (my beautician is fab, very chatty and puts you right at ease, shes more like a friend now!!) It stings a bit the first time but the more often you go you will hardly notice it!! So glad I went after putting it off for sooooo long (ooh and you dont have to get on all fours, which was what I worried about haha)
    If you do go, see if you can buy a product called Tendskin which helps prevent ingrown hairs but dont use the same day you've been for a wax or you will know all about it :laugh:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Did it once. Never again. The tattoo that extends into my naval was nothing compared to a Brazilian wax.
  • jiva57
    jiva57 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My friends in nursing school said: "BEST. SEX. EVER." Have not confirmed.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    It's really awkward when you get on your knees and elbows.

If they are good at it, it barely hurts except right in the front middle.

I stopped going to get them because I had some sort of reaction to the wax.. It wasn't awesome.
  • aljeca
    Options
    Get brazilian sugaring instead of a wax... Apparently it hurts less! I've never had the wax but I have had sugaring done twice before. Yes it hurts but really only while it's happening, it's fine after, and both times I've went it took less than 15 minutes total. Take some advil before, it might help or it might just be a placebo! It's worth it - once in a while.

Edited to add that I agree with other posters who say the very worst is the front middle! The parts you would *think* would be the most sensitive actually aren't! Also, one time I had it done I was just on my back the whole time and the other time the girl gave me the option of doing the hands and knees thing too.... Kinda awkward... But both girls were really good at making me feel comfortable. The thing you have to remember is... kinda like doctors but not.... Yours is not the first they've seen... lol
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Think chest waxing scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin... complete with swearing, and that is coming from someone who has had three big babies 100% naturally! But, the results are stellar!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Painful, but worth it.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

Guys? I'm married lol! Dh doesn't care but I'm somewhat curious!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ok I know what they are but I need more details as to exactly how it's done. Not getting one (yet) but wanting to know if it's worth the money,pain, and embarrassment!:laugh: :embarassed:

theres no embarrassment what so ever.. just go to the loo before you get waxed and give yourself a wipe over with a wet hygiene wipe fresh is best I always say... Plus wax 2 weeks either side of having your period it will hurt less.. so basially inbetween your period right around when your due to ovulate. The results speak for themelves it's not as bad as everyone says :)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    sooo not worth it if you have sensitive skin. Also, don't do it 1-2 days before whatever event you're getting waxed for.

I would get a bikini wax first.

I shave, less expensive, less pain.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Well, we do care. A lot.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Guys? I'm married lol! Dh doesn't care but I'm somewhat curious!
    Hubs will like :love:
    then :smokin:
  • marissa4354
    Options
    Skip the wax, go laser! Doesn't hurt as bad and permanent after a few trips! YAHOO! :)