Young and trying to lose more than 50 pounds

Options
Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and from California. I just started my weight lost journey on September 9th and joined MFP a few days ago. I started at 215 pounds and so far I have lost 9 pounds and am currently 206 pounds. My goal is to lose 100 pounds and be 115 pounds.

I am looking for MFP friends in their 20s that have similar goals. I have only been dieting and will start incorporating exercise (Insanity DVD program) in next week.

Replies

• janten
    Options
    Good luck with Insanity man! That thing is...well insane. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking, since you want to be 115lbs. Feel free to add
  • huyttran
    huyttran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am very short, only 5'3.5''.
  • flowergirl2009
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, great to see someone else trying to do the same thing! I'm 25 (just finished grad school) and my short term goal is to drop 50 lbs to just under 200. I'm pretty tall (5'7) so my ultimate "goal" weight would be around 150. I think we're going for the same thing.
  • kanuipagan
    Options
    hey:)) feel free to add me as a friend! my goal is to lose about 90lbs to make my goal weight of 140. I am short also at 5' 2! I just started dieting on saturday and is adding in walking with slight jogs in between for a little calorie booster. i tried insanity for a little over a month & struggled with losing weight on that program. Im starting off slow and when i become lighter, i will start insanity again to tone my body:)) good luck!
  • huyttran
    Options
    I added you all. Good to know there are others with the same goals. I figured I start making changes gradually too so that my body can get used to a routine and I will be more likely to keep making good choices and living healthy.
  • DawnLennae
    Options
    Good luck!! :)
  • redsdrift
    redsdrift Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 29...GOOD LUCK! MFP is awesome! I am down 59lbs so far and still working on about 30 more! add me if you wand and feel free to ask any ?;s
  • huyttran
    Options
    thanks for the support! I added you two. @redsdrift 59lbs loss, that's awesome.