Ladies....tell me about a Brazilian wax!

Options

Replies

• angel924_2004
    Options
    Definitely painful, but you can find a good salon where the waxer does it FAST (it is over before the pain sets in). Definitely worth it though.
  • verapamil
    Options
    It's really awkward when you get on your knees and elbows.

If they are good at it, it barely hurts except right in the front middle.

This ^^

It is awkward to get on your knees and elbows but the lady that does mine is super nice and amazingly, I didn't feel incredibly uncomfortable (and I'm very shy). I use something called "no scream cream" and it kinda numbs everything. Even without the cream though, to me, it's not very painful at all (I think I have a high pain tolerance though :laugh: )
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Totally 100% worth the pain!
    Go to a nice salon, it's more expensive, but a good waxer will not embarrass you at all, and can make the process a lot less painful.Not even comparable to shaving in my opinion.
    If you are really sensitive, start with a bikini wax, take advil before you go and ice the area.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Curious myself. I know it's painful..but I kind of want to try.
  • te5620
    Options
    get ya some veet in the hot pink bottle that works for me that the only thing that sucks is you have to wait for the hair to grow back somewhat before doing it again but a bwax HURTS too much for me the veet doesn't a bit but it does stink just be sure you leave it on long enough I keep it on about 20 min might wanna do a sample patch first to make sure it doesn't irritate you tho anyway good luck if you go thru with it
  • metre30
    metre30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Waxing = ew! Laser hair removal is the ticket...it barely hurts at all and the hair loss is virtually permanent. SOOOOOO worth the money. I have my underarms and bikini line done.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Why? Do you really think guys care about some hair right there?

She didn't say she was getting it done for a man?!

Definitely recommend sugaring over waxing, much less "intense" and sugaring is supposed to eventually lead to permanence if you have it done regularly.
    It's definitely worth it, far better than shaving, no risk of nicks or cuts. Though if your waxer isn't the best you can sometimes end up with a little blood where the hair gets pulled out, so try to find someone who comes recommended.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've had a high-cut bikini wax (they just leave a small landing strip in the middle, so it's not exactly full Brazilian) and I thought it was worth having done. I did it for a vacation like 1.5 years ago.

Basically, they want you to let the hair grow out for a couple weeks first, so the goo/gel/whatever has something to bind to. So they'll cover the skin you want waxed in this warm gooey stuff, then push a piece of paper or fabric down hard on it, and yank it off. Pulling the hair out.

LOL it's not as bad as it sounds :-) The most painful place is on the front over your pubic bone, the closer to the center the more painful it is. Basic bikini waxing isn't too bad at all. So if you're concerned about pain, maybe tell them you want a "modified Brazilian" and they'll leave just a small area in front.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    HA ~ you say your husband says he doesnt care... but i promise he WILL if/when you get it done! :love:
    So worth it
    yes - hurts like HELL ... but the pain doesnt last long & like many said - if your girl is good, she'll be really fast & it wont hurt AS much.
    good luck!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Ok so now I'm going to look into laser removal:smile:
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Definitely agree with the others who've said your husband will LOVE it! Just watch the "scrunchy" factor if he doesn't do it too, things get rather sensitive!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Very curious for one hot minute. The nurse in me questions about the hygienic practices of the establishment no matter how nice it looks. Is the wax or product infection free & for single use. I won't get my eyebrows waxed from a community wax vat bowl. Only eyebrows threading for me. Can't imagine I would expose my vajay-jay unless I was assured it was single use only. I guess this will still be on my bucket list. May surprise my husband on our 75th wedding anniversary if time did not care of it naturally through the aging process.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    No ones talking about it here yet, but I've read more and more medical articles saying that all the hair removal can lead to more bacterial problems. I can't quote the stuff I've read, but the hair is down there for some reason, right!? Bikini line seems to be not a problem, but taking it all off, not for me.

Yeah, I know the men like it.....but I'm not sacrificing my health for that. Hair or no hair...women are like crack to the guys - lol! ;-D
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Waxing = ew! Laser hair removal is the ticket...it barely hurts at all and the hair loss is virtually permanent. SOOOOOO worth the money. I have my underarms and bikini line done.

I'd probably go this route.
  • Effpcos
    Options
    I've been "bare down there" for about 12 years now, no issues with "bacteria". On a physiological level the hair is supposedly there to "retain scent" to attract a mate.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've been "bare down there" for about 12 years now, no issues with "bacteria". On a physiological level the hair is supposedly there to "retain scent" to attract a mate.

to clarify, I think the articles talk about the waxing process making microscopic tears in the skin. Thus letting bacteria in. So I would suppose it would depend on how sensitive you would be. Of course alot of germs can be treated, so maybe no one needs to care...

I guess what I'm saying is that doing some research for the newbie or thinking about waxing lady would be a good idea. Personally, I'd ask my gynecologist how many cases they see in relation to the issue and go from there.

Cheers :-D
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's really awkward when you get on your knees and elbows.

If they are good at it, it barely hurts except right in the front middle.

This ^^

It is awkward to get on your knees and elbows but the lady that does mine is super nice and amazingly, I didn't feel incredibly uncomfortable (and I'm very shy). I use something called "no scream cream" and it kinda numbs everything. Even without the cream though, to me, it's not very painful at all (I think I have a high pain tolerance though :laugh: )

Knees & elbows??? I've never had to do that.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Never done waxing, but I'm a huge fan of sugaring after one trip. Four weeks til I saw regrowth! Alas that I cannot afford it done often.

I keep things bare down there because I prefer it, not because either man in my life prefers or doesn't prefer it.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I had my eyebrows waxed once.....never again. A Brazilian.....oh hell no.

I thank god every morning that I was born a man.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ok so now I'm going to look into laser removal:smile:

This is awesome. Half way through the process, and am now deciding how much I want to permanently leave/take off. SO much less maintenance than shaving or waxing.