is anyone doing the C25k?

Options
I am on day 3 of the C25k ( couch to 5k runner). I love it! I do not run at all. I stopped running when my butt bounced so hard, lol. People laugh when I say I need a butt bra. I heard about this app from jamie lee curtis, as she was talking about how she motivated herself to start and finish a marathon. its great for people like me who do not run or know how to run. At the same time you are helping the breast cancer association. I am doing this alone and would like to hear about your experience!

Replies

• mmcgille
    mmcgille Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been trying it. I'm am definitely not a runner - took me 2 weeks to do week 1!! Now I'm in the middle of week 4. I do find that I'm learning to really like it, and I get sad/mad when schedule changes cause me to not be able to fit it in. Good luck!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Day 2 of Week 2 tomorrow, and I'm enjoying it! I never have been much of a runner, even before I got heavy, but doing 5Ks seems to be a fun social sport! Looking forward to making friends with people who like to keep moving!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed.

I've downloaded the app, but have been to chickensh*t to try it. thought it would be good try it since you can always get a workout in if you run. Many of my friends have either been runners or started running recently. BUT, I hate, hate, hate running. Always have, both when I was a swimmer & then when on the rugby team. Nothing about it appeals to be. So i'm trying to motivate myself to get into it. perhaps now that its a little cooler.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8 a few days ago. Today I ran for over 40 minutes non-stop. I really love ths program! I was so bad I had to work my way up to week one by jogging 30 seconds at a time for a week or so before I even started, lol! I was so scared I would not be able to make it when I had to run 20 minutes without walking, but I did it and you can too. Not every run is fun, but it feels so good to do something I have never been able to do before. I am even signed up for my first 5k - a local charity run on October 13th. :bigsmile: congrats on taking the first steps to running! :flowerforyou:
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I started doing C25K last year, because I had 12 weeks before I left the country, so I figured why not? I got discouraged when I couldn't progress quick enough to keep up with the program. Now I do sort of a modified mutant hybrid of C25K and HIIT of my own design at the gym, and today while I was doing that, I ran for a minute and a half at 5 mph. MFP calls that "jogging," but that's just about as fast as I can go right now, so it's running for me, lol.

Maybe I'll pick up C25K again; I'd have to start running outside more, though. It's definitely different on a treadmill. The weather is finally starting to cool off a bit, so that's a possibility for the near future.
  • texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just completed it and I have a new found love for running, I could barely run for a minute straight, but now I run almost everyday for at least 30 minutes. I had my good days and bad days, some days I would repeat but I love it and will be running my first 5k on October 20th!
  • kkmarie11
    Options
    i do it on my treadmill and im on week 5 i run on 6 but now i feel like i cant keep up do you think i should re do last week or go on a slower speed like 5.5 for some of the run?
  • tanyasrubio
    Options
    I am glad I have started the program, I have always been envious of people who can run for more than 5 minutes, I feel like I can do this! all of you have inspired me to continue. Now my goal is to do a mud run in november. good luck everyone.
  • shaycg21
    Options
    I have no where to run. I thought about doing on treadmill to brek that boredom...