The hardest urge to deny liquor

Options
Does anyone have any substitues for this urge? It seems like i always go over my daily goal because of happy hour or 1 or 2 drinks.

Replies

• Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you find out, please let me know!!!! This is one of my downfalls too. I love the odd glass (bottle) of wine
  • Alamaug
    Alamaug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    stay our of places/locales where people are drinking. if you are there you will dring. defeat it on the front end.
  • Mrsstrip
    Options
    Definately a problem of mine during Happy Hour or just have drinks at home with hubby! Is there low cal liquor? :)
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Drink vodka. Even the flavored stuff is only 60 cals a shot. I love raspberry stoli with diet 7up at home. In a bar, I do plain vodka with club soda and lots of lime. 3 drinks and I'm good - less than 200 cals.
  • sarah1334
    sarah1334 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Drink vodka. Even the flavored stuff is only 60 cals a shot. I love raspberry stoli with diet 7up at home. In a bar, I do plain vodka with club soda and lots of lime. 3 drinks and I'm good - less than 200 cals.

A vodka soda with lime is my go-to drink as well! I've read in multiple places that it's the least damage you can do when drinking... and it's yummy :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    2 happy hour drinks is a lot.

There is a website www.getdrunknotfat.com

Maybe you can get some info there?
  • Get high on life? lol
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Stick with simple ingredient drinks like rum & diet coke/pepsi (my fave) and stay away from the fruity concoctions. Vodka & rum have only 60 cals per oz. I almost died when I found my homemade strawberry margaritas were over 200 cals per drink!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka, and its still my downfall. lol If you find out let me know!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, alcohol is a lil different than your average calorie. even the low cal stuff is more likely to encourage fat storage mostly due to large insulin spikes. Alcohol is my biggest downfall as well. However a lil treat now and then wont derail your efforts to much. At least thats what I keep telling myself, lol.
  • 2myfuture
    2myfuture Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love to have my rum and diet coke daily so I started having only a half shot instead of full shot. I still have a drink and only half the calories. Sometimes I even skip the rum and just have diet coke for me it is a mind thing, I feel better if I think I have had a drink.
  • dontmesswithtx
    Options
    This is the hardest for me too! I was doing pretty well with not drinking and my husband came home last night with a lot of my favorite beer/margarita. UGH! It was impossible to say no, I drank way too much. Wish he wouldn't have done that. Somehow since I managed to stay on track all day I still lost 2lbs :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    For me the only way is keep out of pubs, I know I am just too easy a target for a pint, having been drinking for over 50 years [not every day i must add] going in a pub & ordering a pint seems "natural", so I do not go in, which is easier to do at 69 than at 25 I will admit