What is considered a day?

Options
Probably the simplest (and easiest) question. MFP seems to reset at midnight every day, but what is actually considered a day in terms of your food/exercise diary? I always assumed it was the start of a new day when you woke up, regardless of whether you stayed awake until 2 AM or whatnot, but I'm not 100% sure.

I ask because I'm going out drinking tonight for the first time since I joined MFP and am trying to figure out if I can throw a drink on tomorrow's diary if I have it after midnight. And basically work it off tomorrow. No worries, I don't plan to go overboard, just trying to figure out if I can indulge in an extra drink to reward myself :)

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I considered a day from when I wake up and then go to bed.
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    I would consider it on the day you were still awake for, not the next day. However, you can still workout more calories the next day to burn off what you drank the night before.
  • dax58
    dax58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im the same.

Day = When i get up to when i go to bed.

I prefer to keep it nice and simple for my own sanity :)
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you can still go back to your previous day ( if you don't complete the log) and add whatever it is you had after midnight, then complete the log. I don't think you have to add it to the next day. Not positive though.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I wasn't asking in terms of recording in my food/exercise diary, but more so in regards to how many calories I can consume and what counts for today vs. what counts for tomorrow. You can edit what's in your diary the next day, though that's not what I need to do!