New fitbit ZIP

Options
I just ordered it. Does anyone else have this I've never heard of it. It sounds the same as the regular fitbit, but it doesn't track sleep.People with the fitbit do you wear it all day or just when working out?

Replies

• ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too! Just saw an ad for it today on here. I think it just came out. Considering investing in this, but I'm not sure. Fitbit (with website access) vs buying a pedometer or another (higher-end) HRM?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It only been out a few days. I think it also hasn't got the altimeter for stair climbing.
    I'd you do walking true exercise it's fine. For cycling, weight training and swimming, people say a HRM is best.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You'll want to wear it all day. The fitbit is great because rather than setting yourself to "lightly active" or "very active" you can just set yourself to sedentary and find out what your REAL activity level is. I still use a HRM for any non walking/running workouts though.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I got mine a few days ago and aboslutely loved it...until I woke up this morning and saw it wasn't syncing. I did everything, reboot, uninstall software, reinstall software etc. I called customer support and figured I'd give it a couple of days for a response. Well...I had a really busy day...super excited that I had over 12,000 steps by 1:00PM. Then I checked it around 7 to find out the battery died. I took the battery out & put it back in, but it only stayed on for a minute. From what I read, the battery was supposed to last 3-6 months. I'll be returning it tomorrow. I love that if syncs with MFP and love that it's so tiny & gives me all the info i need BUT it's totally not worth the frustration. Now I'm debating on going back to a body media fit which I liked but it's bulky and obvious or whether I should get a fitbit ultra. Ugh!