Insanity!!

Options
I am now on day 3 of the Insanity work out DVD's. Can I just say it is killer! I was wondering who else is doing these workouts. Were you super sore at the beginning? My calves are on fire! I have about 10 more lbs to lose and would love to tone up my belly and love handles. Would love to hear from whoever is doing this the same time I am. And would also love to hear about your results.

Replies

• breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I"m on month 2 day 3...it's wild uh? Great results..I love my shoulders and arms..legs..calfs...it's full body...still streamlining the midsection. Hoping this month will do it!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you for doing Insanity. It really is an Insane workout. I will tell you right now that my first day of insanity I vomited. The next day yep my calves were on fire but I worked through and got awsome results from it. Stick it out and you both will not be disappointed with the results.
  • enjvanbeb
    Options
    I'm hoping for my midsection to shrink too. Having 3 babies has reaked havoc on it...and me eating unhealthy for years!
  • enjvanbeb
    Options
    @capinoy-Thanks! I will try my hardest to work through it. I'm tired of being unhappy with my appearance.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I ordered Insanity TODAY! When I told my co-workers I ordered it they said I must be insane to want to do that! lol. I have recently lost 65 pounds and need to tone it up now. Hoping this will do the trick! Keep me in your prayers! ;-)
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I am in month 2 and love it. The first 3 days of initially starting it was the worst. For 3 days I groaned just to bend and sit on the toilet, LOL! But stay with it and you WILL see results :)
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it form the internet.

Does anyone know the schedule of what workout you do and when?
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am now on day 3 of the Insanity work out DVD's. Can I just say it is killer! I was wondering who else is doing these workouts. Were you super sore at the beginning? My calves are on fire! I have about 10 more lbs to lose and would love to tone up my belly and love handles. Would love to hear from whoever is doing this the same time I am. And would also love to hear about your results.

Yay we started the same time! I finished day 3 last night :) My thighs, butt, and core are the most sore. It hurts to sit down and stand up lol. Call me crazy, but I've noticed a difference even in the past 3 days. My belly has flattened out a lot and my clothes are already getting loose. My goal is just to finish the program and give it my all. Technically I have 10-15 pounds I'd like to lose eventually, but thinking about weight loss will drive me crazy, especially since I've already gained 3 pounds this week! I will finish up on the exact day of my 30th birthday, so hopefully I'll also be ready for that freakum dress haha.

What's your diet been like? I have been eating generally what I want (protein, complex carbs, fruits, veggies, and healthy fats), avoiding sugar and alcohol. My utmost concern is getting enough protein and calories. Exercise tends to zap my appetite. But I've been sleeping like a BABY.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Google 'Insanity Schedule' and you'll find tons of info.
  • landrol
    landrol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on Month 2, Week 1. The first month is tough, especially if you are not use to intense workouts, but after the first 2 weeks, you will see strength improvements. When you get into Month 2, you'll realize that Month 1 was just one long warm-up, LOL.

I think its important to remember to do it at your own pace at the beginning, unless you uber fit, you will not be able to stay with the group at the beginning, but as long as you maintain intensity and keep your heart rate up, you will see results. Then keep increasing your own intensity, as you get stronger.

Along with that is diet. Got to eat right. Myfitnesspal is helping me keep track of the calories, as well as the calories I burn during the workouts. I've never burned so many calories before, in one workout session. Its good stuff.

Good Luck!
  • Molly182
    Options
    I'm doing a hybrid of Insanity and Chalean Extreme. I absolutely love it! No idea what I'll do next though lol
  • vinnycurry
    Options
    im on day 4 today yep my calfs and lower half of thighs ache like mad didnt know you used them muscles so much for simple things (like said above sitting on the toilet lol) watching my food on here and taking http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/whey-protein-concentrate-82-instantised.html straight after the session its ment to help top up supplies and speed up recovery so you dont feel the effects as much
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    As someone who just recently completed the Insanity program, I can tell you that it doesn't get much easier, but holy moly does it ever make you feel good after each brutal workout!

The thing I'd really like to stress is that you should try to follow the nutrition plan. After completing the program I was disappointed that I didn't see the kind of results I was hoping for (in my appearance) but definitely felt stronger and felt i had better endurance. I didn't follow any type of eating plan besides logging my food on MFP. So I think that's why I didn't get the results in the mirror that I had imagined.

I will do it again in a little while once my work schedule settles down... and the next time I will watch more closely what I eat! :)
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    im on month 2 day 1 i just did my recovery week and got to say month 2 is tough lol! but like others have said after about 3 days the pain goes and it gets easier,

this is my results so far from month 1
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/741795-insanity-halfway-point-with-pics
  • samlankford
    Options
    doing the insanity/the asylum hybrid now... LOVE IT!!!
  • mclandry89
    mclandry89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am about to start on Day 25! I wasn't too sore in the beginning, but I definitely feel it in my calves and knees! I can tell I have lost inches in my waist and hips! I have heard that most of the weight comes off in the second month, but I am extremely happy with the results already! Best of luck!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I too am doing the Insanity/Asylum hybrid.....it is great. It is actually my 3rd round of the hybrid!!!
  • enjvanbeb
    Options

Yay we started the same time! I finished day 3 last night :) My thighs, butt, and core are the most sore. It hurts to sit down and stand up lol. Call me crazy, but I've noticed a difference even in the past 3 days. My belly has flattened out a lot and my clothes are already getting loose. My goal is just to finish the program and give it my all. Technically I have 10-15 pounds I'd like to lose eventually, but thinking about weight loss will drive me crazy, especially since I've already gained 3 pounds this week! I will finish up on the exact day of my 30th birthday, so hopefully I'll also be ready for that freakum dress haha.

What's your diet been like? I have been eating generally what I want (protein, complex carbs, fruits, veggies, and healthy fats), avoiding sugar and alcohol. My utmost concern is getting enough protein and calories. Exercise tends to zap my appetite. But I've been sleeping like a BABY.

Just finished Day 4! Yay! I loved it! My calves hurt the worst and my ribs and big fat gut. Hoping that means it is working. I haven't noticed any difference though. :o( Good for you! I have gained about 2 lbs this week. I don't know why? I've been exercising like crazy and eating healthy. Wonder if it's because of insanity and what we are putting our muscles through.

My diet I have just been doing 1200 calories, but then when I add in my exercise I can eat up to 1500, but I try to keep it around 1350-1400. I have no idea what I'm doing. Eating lots of veggies and fruits. Drinking lots of water and a protein shake every day after my work out. I wish it zapped my appetite. I am so hungry all the time. Keep in touch! I would love to follow along with your progress too!
  • ajacobs26
    Options
    I just finished Insanity a few weeks ago. That first week is CRAZY!!! When you do your recovery workout your body some how gets back to being a little less sore. Work through and you will feel AMAZING!! Congrats!
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You guys are inspiring me!!! How long are the workouts each day?