Tell me what I am doing wrong, plz

Options

Replies

• Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    IT'S very very simple
    Your weight can fluctuate by as much as 7lbs in one day
    When you weigh again in the morning it will go back down.
    Obviously as you put food and drink into your body it will weigh something!
    You should only weight yourself first thing in the morning.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Tough love:

You dont log half your food. You need to do it every single day and every single thing by weight or serving size

You need to eat healthier foods. I keep seeing carbs, sugar and fat but little greens and lean meat.

More exercise with an HRM

More food if you exercise. I dont believe in 1200 cal diets. Find out what your BMR is or toy TDEE is and make that you cal goal. That way you can see how much in the green you are. Its so much easier to calculate what you should be losing. This is not 100% true because a cal is not just a cal but the basic idea is you need to burn or be in the deficit 3500 calories for every pound of fat you lose.

I hope that helps
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The only reason I am responding is to hopefully help you believe that the other posts about not weighing at night ar 1 e correct. Yes, it really is water and food weight. I bet if you weighed everything you ate and drank in a day, you'd believe it, but please don't go to all that trouble. Just weigh yourself in the morning after you potty and before you eat or drink anything. 1 glass of water is .5 lb alone.

(My first sentence wasn't aimed at your topic OP but just to clarify why I am posting but just echoing what everyone else said.)
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    Your body fluctuates throughout the day. Thats why they only advise that you weigh yourself once a week in the morning. If you weigh yourself in the morning, you will see a different story

THIS^
  • melindadunston
    Options
    I always weigh a couple lbs more at the end of the day. For accurate results weigh at the same time every day with minimal clothes on. Water and food settle in your body through the day and make you weigh more.
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    So this morning when I went up the scale I was at 156.2, tonight I am at 160 lbs... I am soooo disapointed. I know it could be water weight but for 4 pounds?

Can you please look into my food diary and see what has been happening. Oh my god, I am totally disapointed in my self.

Last time I tried losing weight I did it through Jenny Craig, I do not want to go back to them as they are expensive...but that was the only way I lost weight.

This forum is my last hope. Please let me know what you think I am doing wrong :(

Hi,

Before I help you I'd like some info. What is your goal and how soon do you want to reach it? How do you feel about dieting and/or exercising? How stressful is your life right now with and without dieting? And lastly, have you checked your daily requirements for calories yet?

You can get back to me in private message or in thread, but get back to me so I can help you the best that I know how. :flowerforyou:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I always weigh 3 - 5 lbs heavier in the evening...
  • chipmunkcheeks76
    Options
    Weight gain could be due to fat turning into muscle. Although it is very annoying to see the scale go up, guage it differently... how do you feel, does your body feel tighter, have you got more energy?!

Whatever you are doing, keep it up, Rome wasn't built in a day :)

:flowerforyou:

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR FAT TO TURN TO MUSCLE, YOU CAN GAIN MUSCLE AND LOSE FAT BUT THE TWO AREN'T CONNECTED. HOW MANY MORE IDIOTS THINK THIS?
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself morning, night, then morning again, just to see the change. It really does go up 4-5 pounds from morning to night (and back down the next morning). It's water, food in the gut, and who knows what else. But it is completely normal. (And pretty much impossible to gain 4 lbs of fat or muscle in one day, although your 8 cups of water you should be drinking is exactly 4 lbs)

Only weigh yourself once a day, or less, for tracking your loss. Weight can fluctuate from day to day, even, and so a weekly weigh in is probably the best to avoid too much "drama." Do it at the same time each day, in the same state of dress. I prefer first thing in the morning, after using the toilet, and undressed. But whatever works for you is okay.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    What you did wrong was to weigh in the morning and then at night. Think about all your body goes through in the course of one day, of course you'll weigh more in the evening. Hell, I fluctuate daily quite a bit due to sleep issues and other stuff. Weigh once a day at MOST, and watch the trends in your naturally fluctuating numbers rather than stress over one or two days' differences.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That much weight gain within 24 hours is probably directly affected by the food, waste, and liquid in your system at the time. That's why you should try to weigh yourself at the same time every day (like first thing in the morning after using the toilet)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So this morning when I went up the scale I was at 156.2, tonight I am at 160 lbs... I am soooo disapointed. I know it could be water weight but for 4 pounds?

This is completely normal. Everyone's weight jumps around throughout the day. Even your height can change a little from morning to night.

To get the best indication of weight loss, weigh no more than once a week, always on the same day at approximately the same time. The best is first time is the morning, no clothes, before eating or drinking and after using the bathroom.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You ALWAYS way 4+ pounds more in the afternoon than you do first thing in the moring naked......after you go potty....
  • abbiepql
    Options

Can you please look into my food diary and see what has been happening. Oh my god, I am totally disapointed in my self.

Last time I tried losing weight I did it through Jenny Craig, I do not want to go back to them as they are expensive...but that was the only way I lost weight.

This forum is my last hope. Please let me know what you think I am doing wrong :(

Seriously? Why would you weigh yourself two times a day? Were you honestly expecting to lose weight in hours? If so you need to do some research into then facts about losing weight and maybe consider rejoining Jenny Craig because what you are asking of yourself and expecting is ridiculous. And that fact that you would be weighing yourself hours apart and then be disappointed in youself so much to the point of coming on here and actually admitting you need help for such a silly situation makes me wonder if you have a grasp on reality.
  • QBMontana
    QBMontana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary. Although your amounts that you went over wen't great and your calories weren't that bad your diet consisted of high sodium items and you were heavy on the grains. You are probably just holding water and need to drink more actual water. The other thing that can make a difference is if you are PMS. That can put up to 7 pounds of water weight on quickly which gives you a false read on your pounds. You can curb the salts, drink more water, and add 2 tbsp of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to a warm water first thing every morning to flush your kidneys out. You can do it. If you don't like water, herbal teas would be the only substitute.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself throughout the day. Your weight can fluctuate several pounds throughout the day. When you eat and before you remove the waste from your meal, the weight of the food will show up on your scale. As you drink fluids throughout the day, your weight will go up and down too. Weigh yourself in the morning first thing, and only then, and since you are so obsessed with the number on the scale, don't do it every day. It is only a number.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Dont go on your scale every couple of hours!

YES ! Weigh yourself in the morning a couple times a week.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I'm a little surprised that you might not expect such an outcome. You weigh in in the morning when you haven't eaten or drank anything all night, and it's much lower than when you weigh in after a full day's worth of food. A-may-zing.

But for real, micro weighing like this will drive you crazy. Weight is best measured over a prolonged period- a week or a month is best. If you feel the need to weigh in everyday, record those weights and compare them, not daily, but weekly. Compare This Monday to next Monday, and so on.

What are you doing wrong? You are expecting too much, too fast. Sit back, relax. Cuz this is going to be more than 2 weeks.
  • jessgarfblake
    Options
    A few things I'd change---

You don't eat enough protein...A Nutrigrain bar and bread for dinner??

Add some more fiber rich fruits and veg.

Cut back on all the chocolate. Treat yourself to a square of ultra dark to curb your cravings.

If you're eating lunch meat--skip the bologna--too much sodium--opt for lean turkey, roast beef and ham instead--Boar's Head has really good low sodium varities.

Also--A lot of the things you eat are high in sodium--hence, you hold on to water.

Drink more water.

Hope that helps!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of these Tough Love replies are the kind of replies you were looking for, but if you want someone to sincerely and empathetically help you out by setting you up for success, find my questions in the thread and get back to me in private message. Good Luck :flowerforyou: