Quick Lemon Hummus (w/o tahini paste)

Options
Phoenix_Rising
Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
Credit for this recipe goes to Kami on her blog dated Feb 4, 2010: http://www.nobiggie.net

"This recipe is from Art Smith's cookbook Kitchen Life, which is an awesome cookbook. It's full of so many helpful tips from grocery shopping to staples you should always have on hand in your pantry. If you need some motivation in the kitchen, you would love it.

This recipe for hummus is so great because it substitutes peanut butter for tahini paste (ground sesame seeds), which is normally in most hummus recipes. So it saves you a trip to the specialty market. Who doesn't have peanut butter on hand?!"

4329156277_0f352bed00_b.jpg

Quick Lemon Hummus

1 - 15oz. Can Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas) - drained with liquid reserved
3 TBL. Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Lemon zested
3 TBL. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 clove of Garlic minced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt & Cayenne Pepper to taste

Combine in a food processor. With the machine running add oil and bean liquid to make it smooth at the end.

4329891578_fd247573f4_b.jpg

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I must try this, thanks for sharing!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I'm thinking you can mix it up a bit, but I've heard many people talk about being allergic to tahini and unable to eat hummus due to the allergy. Hoping this might work for them. :smile:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    That would suck! I LOVE tahini! But this sounds very interesting, so I'm gonna try it this weekend!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    And peanut butter doesn't stand out taste-wise?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    And peanut butter doesn't stand out taste-wise?

No clue. I haven't made it. I'm not a fan of lemon flavored stuff, generally. :blushing: Maybe the chickpeas and lemon taper the peanut butter flavor??
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yum!