for me it was...

Options
for me it was just one of those moments. april 2011 easter time, in my 40's and still receiving an easter basket filled with my favorite chocolate. as i picked up the candy i just said ,"what am i doing?" i wasnt going to do any exercise, i hated it. just going to stop eating sugar and soda. after a couple of weeks doing that a couple co-workers asked me to go walking with them at lunch. i did it. it was really hard for me to keep up with their walking pace. but i did it. after a few weeks we tried mixing a little jogging in, again very hard. but i noticed i was losing weight. 44 waist pants were loose. then 42's were loose. it was awesome. jogging and walking mix and no sugar were working but i needed a regimen. i downloaded and used the my fitness pal app and tracked everything i ate. that really helped as well because it forced me to figure out portions, and just what i was really eating. you can eat out healthy. i really did become satisfied eating less and what i was eating filled me. i eat about 1800 calories a day give or take 200 now. im now running (alone, my co-workers gave up) 3 miles a day. i went from 260lbs to today im maintaining 160.

Replies

• Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well done you :)
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    Well done! Fantastic victory! Keep going strong!
  • weldergirl15
    weldergirl15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Very nice work!
  • jagger27
    Options
    Awesome story...I keep telling everyone I know that ask about how I do it...that it first has to start with YOU...I had to get in the same mentality as you, and decide this is it...I'm doing this for ME and no one else. Once you get to that point and realize you aren't going through the motions...I think that is when it really becomes a lifestyle change. You should be very very proud of yourself!!!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Grats, thats a big weight drop!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Great job well done
  • ThisIsPickles
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's funny how suddenly it's time -- you looked at an Easter basket and had a thought that changed your life. Congrats for sticking with it
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! The drive to do it has to come from within. Congrats!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Somebody told me that there is nothing and no one outside of yourself that can truly motivate you. It comes from us. Great story, great work, and thanks for the inspiration. :smile:
  • wannadance
    Options
    Awesome story...I keep telling everyone I know that ask about how I do it...that it first has to start with YOU...I had to get in the same mentality as you, and decide this is it...I'm doing this for ME and no one else. Once you get to that point and realize you aren't going through the motions...I think that is when it really becomes a lifestyle change. You should be very very proud of yourself!!!

^^ this.. its kinda strange how your thoughts just shift like a switch.. definately good though :)

You have done so well :) 100lbs is fantastic! (and I love that you continued to push yourself with the walks / runs.. well done!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!