Options
    Cut slits in fillets.
    Put lemon grass in slits.
    Steam until flaky (10 mins or so)
    Party in yo mouf!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I spray foil with some oil...use a bit of salt and pepper and I also throw in some fresh broccoli and a cubed red potato. I put a tbs of light blue bonnet butter on top and wrap the foil around it all. I steam it in the oven at 375 until the potatoes are done...about 30-45 minutes. I eat it all the time!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TO GRILL FISH ON TOP OF FRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSueDJVIETeaSdbC76IXfRbJF7BAotxSttX1-9s7CK7MvqRBBoWAQ
    This is great way to cook fish,
    cuz, if i cook it indoors,
    whole kitchen smells funny for a day,:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    and if i grill it outdoors
    FISH STICKS TO GRILLS very very much.:grumble:

Those "grill baskets" meant for cooking fish, are sooooooooo hard to clean,
    and often the fish still sticks to grill-basket anyway.:cry: And using pre-soaked pieces of wood is a pain to keep replacing and pre-soaking for an hour or more
    every time i grill fish........:huh: I grill all year long, and shovel path through the snow to the grill in the winter time.:drinker:

HERE IS MOST AWESOME RECIPE FOR COOKING FISH ON TOP OF FRUIT:

(note you throw away the fruit you used under the fish,
    and serve with another piece of grilled fruit instead)
    :heart: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/citrus-grillers-64871.aspx:heart:
    ................................7ZxX2.gif

ABSOLUTELY DELISH!!! emo60.gif I've been making that recipe for years, and everyone LOVES it, just crazy gagga nutz about it, even ppl who thought they didn't like fish.
    Bluejean, this is a fabulous tip. Thanks for posting it!!!!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YES, ANY CITRUS FRUIT will do, grapefruits, oranges, limes, lemons, whatever you have.
    and your kitchen won't stink!!!:drinker:

The marinade in that recipe is super quick, too, only 20 minutes long, i just drop the fish into the bag of fruit juice, and put it all into the fridge while the grill heats up.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Love the graphics!

Fish and fruit....I've only ever tried lemon/lime, but normally, I bread/fry them, unless it's trout, which gets pan seared, then it's already done! :tongue:

Someday when you are ready, do consider branching out away from the breaded fried fish,
    and try some grilled fish. As healthy as you eat now, as part of your journey to a healthier you, i bet you don't eat a lot of breaded fried chicken, or fired breaded pork, by now. It's kind of the same with fish, once you get used to grilled or broiled fish, it's hard to go back to the fried breading.
    but then again, i love love love all seafood, all of it. I grew up on the breaded fried fish, but, learned to love fish decades ago. Now i can't stand the breaded fried kind unless it's been given to me or some odd reason i'd be eating breaded fried fish...it tastes so so greasy to me. yuck!

I think most white fish tastes all about the same, (others disagree, but really, *i* can hardly tell one whitefish from another, they are all so much the same to me, love 'em ALL)
    but, maybe if you are unaccustomed to unbreaded fish,
    maybe salmon, shark, or one of those types of fish might be good place to start experimenting with unbreaded fish. maybe.

My alltime favorite fish, is swordfish, maybe give that one a try,
    without breading or frying it.

I am going to try it that way! I have never made fish any other way, except for shellfish, which I normally boil in seasoned water. :bigsmile:
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I got some tilapia to eat for lunch. What are some yummy recipes you use?

Thanks,
    Candie

Smother with Blackstrap Molasses (1 TBSP) and sprinkle some McCormick Maple Smokehouse seasoning on it. Bake at 325 for 16-20 minutes. Delicious and is fortified with Calcium and Iron now!
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my mom likes to steam her tiapia. We just throw in cilantro, green onion, peppers, and egg plants (But you can certainly use anything that is aromatic because while steaming it the aroma will go into the meat leaving it delicious!!!!) season it with salt and mushroom seasoning
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I got this off Pinterest.

3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    2 teaspoons Paprika
    1 Tablespoon paresley
    4 tilapia fillets
    1 lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a shallow dish, combine the cheese with the paprika, parsley and salt and pepper. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture. Bake until fish is opaque in the thickest part- 10-12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
  • suzeqnow
    suzeqnow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    • 4 2.5-oz. tilapia filets
    • 16 stalks asparagus, trimmed
    • 8 small carrots, halved lengthwise
    • 1 tsp. garlic-herb salt-free seasoning
    • 4 thin orange or lemon slices, halved
    • 1 roll parchment paper
    • 1 tbs. olive oil
    • 1/2 tsp. salt & pepper

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 4 12" squares of parchment paper and fold in half. For each packet, put 4 asparagus, 4 carrots, and 1 fillet on one side of the crease. Sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning.
    • Top with fruit slices. Then, fold paper over fish and vegetables. Make two or three 1" folds on the short ends, then repeat on the long side to enclose. Arrange on a large baking sheet.
    • Bake for about 12 minutes. Check for doneness by unrolling a flap of paper (fish should flake easily and vegetables should be crisp-tender).
    • Using scissors, carefully cut through the top of each pack, pulling paper away to expose the fish and veggies. Serve with brown rice.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sunnygal_111
    sunnygal_111 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • melodylyn73
    melodylyn73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't need a recipe. Bake it, eat it. Season with lemon pepper and a tiny bit of salt.

I agree! I like a little texture on mine so I sprinkle in some bread crumbs.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I take filets, cover them with a couple Tbls fresh salsa and a sprinkle of low fat cheddar. Bake at 400 for 20-25 min.

My kids love this!!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a wonderful taco recipe
  • TRUDIVA88
    TRUDIVA88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tilapia. Old Bay Seasoning. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
    YUM
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Garlic Powder and Garlic pepper, cook on the grill (I cook on my george forman because I don't have a grill) I'm sure you could do the same in the oven or on the stove. Its absolutely DELISH. You could probably add some lemon as well, but I have a citrus allergy so thats out of the question