What annoys you ...

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
most about someone who you are 'talking to' or 'seeing' ???

So I was recently asked on a date- and the guy has been steady trying for quite some time....years in fact. I decided I might actually give it a shot b/c he REALLY is a nice guy....but he always manages to do little things that annoy me and eventually push me away-

GO!

i'm trying MY BEST to look past it and focus more on his good qualities...but somehow I keep noticing the things that pluck my nerves....

for starters- he's VERY needy- like if I don't text him back immediately he freaks out (mind you, I have a 2 yr old and a full time job- i'm sorry I can't exactly text 24/7 - ) AND HE ALWAYS TELLS ME HIS EVERY MOVE... 'driving.' 'at work' 'leaving work' 'lunch' 'dinner' 'gym' .....so on and so forth- I mean- cool, I don't think i'd ever have to QUESTION where he's going b/c he TELLS ME .....but I really DON'T NEED TO KNOW EVERY SECOND OF YOUR DAY.... luckily, he hasn't started with the 'taking a s^it' yet but it still irks my nerves.....

I know, I know....us women can never be pleased..... yada yada and all that jazz- I get it. But seriously -

tell me what bothers you about your SO?!?!

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Oh... that's a deal breaker for me. I am not your Twitter... or your Facebook. Save that crap for updating to someone else.

What bothers me?.... Hmm. He can be very selfish sometimes. To the point of me having to remind him that I exist.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    He eats a lot of crappy fast food.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    The calluses on my right hand sometimes are uncomfortable
  • TonyM1984
    Options
    So what are you doing now? Hey, why dont you respond? I've called you 5 times already? Where are you Bryn??
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    Haha I flipped my **** on my boyfriend yesterday for using 6 paper towels to dry his hands off. I don't why this annoyed me so much, but it did.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I can NOT handle clingy/needy......that's why I'm divorced. Drove me effing batty.

As for now....well.....no one asks me out, so. LOL
    Maybe THAT is what's annoying....I got hit on all the time when I was 250 pounds and married. Now.....nothing!
    Ah well.... :happy:
  • pooleekylie
    Options

Probably because you do things to annoy her on a daily basis, I'm sure.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

^winner :laugh:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

Lol.

My husband clicks his throat in his sleep. If he does this all night - I wake up angry at him for doing it. He can't help it but if it ruins my sleep, I am so annoyed the next day.

He's also a tapper. Taps the pencil, taps on his leg, taps the side of his coffee cup with his wedding ring. It's so fckn annoying.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Just break up.

we're not together- only talking. IDK- HE'S REALLY NICE.... I just don't want to be told your every move- y'know!?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't do needy.

And apparently I make guys feel insecure because they always turn needy on me.

I hear about girls who are texting every few seconds. Girls who are constantly calling. Girls who are constantly updating their SO's but not me. I tend to be a little TOO quiet... and then I get these guys who have to text me every second and check in ALL THE TIME and I dump them before the second date because I can't tolerate it. At all.

So ... where ARE the needy girls? Really? Because all I ever see are needy guys. :P
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my bf smokes cigarettes and i hate it. and loves soda, and junk food, and hates working out. mind you, he is actually very fit and good looking, but i need some kind of encoruagement to help ME get into shape... and its hard when he has these bad habits.

or sometimes when i get home and he is home before me, i suggest i should go out on a run or workout, and he gives me this sad 'but i want to hang out with you' face. its hard to want to workout after that... you know? help??

i have tried telling him my concerns but he is stubborn!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My ex wife CONSTANTLY ...notice I said EX WIFE ...wanted to know where I was and what I was doing at all times. That is one of the million reason's im not with that crazy woman anymore. Someone needing to know where I am , what im doing or whom Im with all the time...that ANNOYS the crap outta me. You ain't my babysitter, your my gf...you dont need to know where I am 24/7.
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Haha I flipped my **** on my boyfriend yesterday for using 6 paper towels to dry his hands off. I don't why this annoyed me so much, but it did.

omg agreed LOL!! that pisses me off! i would prefer if they use the hand towels i have hanging perfectly on the oven.. but NO......
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I don't do needy.

I hear about girls who are texting every few seconds. Girls who are constantly calling. Girls who are constantly updating their SO's but not me. I tend to be a little TOO quiet... and then I get these guys who have to text me every second and check in ALL THE TIME and I dump them before the second date because I can't tolerate it. At all.

So ... where ARE the needy girls? Really? Because all I ever see are needy guys. :P

me too!!!!! i'm glad i'm not alone in this- I kinda feel like a *****....but at least I know i'm not the only one haha
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    My ex wife CONSTANTLY ...notice I said EX WIFE ...wanted to know where I was and what I was doing at all times. That is one of the million reason's im not with that crazy woman anymore. Someone needing to know where I am , what im doing or whom Im with all the time...that ANNOYS the crap outta me. You ain't my babysitter, your my gf...you dont need to know where I am 24/7.

Yeah- guys think i'm weird b/c I don't want to be around someone all the time if i'm with them- I mean, yes when i'm not with them I miss them- but I like my space!! Plus, space and NOT HAVING TO CONSTANTLY know what the other is up to is HEALTHY for a relationship. I have a kid, I want to know where he is at all times- I don't want my SO to be like another child....I'm not their mother. And for christs sake they aren't my father!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I wonder if he gets annoyed that you don't know how to spell 'irk'?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I don't do needy.

me too!!!!! i'm glad i'm not alone in this- I kinda feel like a *****....but at least I know i'm not the only one haha

You are definitely not alone. :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Not seeing anyone right now.
    So today is your lucky day.:love:
    ilovemybuggy can you change that to ilovemycliffy?
    I really NEED you to and txt me what you're doing and when will you change it.:tongue: