feeling alone

Options
2»

Replies

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    awww, you guys are ALL my adopted family.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Do you know what? I have held on to my weight for the same reasons, it's just more comfortable, but in the end I am miserable. I wrote a post last week, bearing my soul, and it was the best therapy! The kind responses made me wake up. I am going to be happy now because that's how I want to be. So the way I see it, you being honest with yourself and us here is the first giant step. It is very hard to admit to yourself, let alone others why you feel the way you do. That was a brave thing to do. It's time for us girls who have always done everything for everyone else, and became a certain way because of being hurt, to be selfish. Let's just do what we want to do, because we want to do it!!! Let's show the world that we deserve to be who we want to be!!! I am kinda new at figuring this all out, but I would love to help and support you in any way I can. We don't deserve to feel like this anymore!!
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    I can safely say that when I started gaining weight it was a mixture of poor diet by learning the habits which are common to my mostly plus size family and poor genes but food also become something to reward myself with, to deal with problems and just something to keep busy when bored. I know I had the smarts to figure out a safe and healthy way to lose weight in high school but I didn't for those exact same reasons. I was scared and still am sometimes about what life will be like without the weight. I've never been thin from 7 years old to the now age of 24 I have been overweight and since 11 I've been morbidly obese. So, I don't know what life outside of being fat is like. When I first started trying to lose the weight, I covered so many issues and I've worked out a lot of them but the fear that I'll either never reach the weight I want or that something terrible will happen the minute I truly am happy and healthy is one I don't think will go away until I make it and nothing happens. Deciding to lose the weight was about what I wanted if I could live any life I wanted, nothing about my social situation will change unless I want it to. I'm not doing this to attract a mate because any guy who wants me based only on my physical appearance isn't good enough for me. I'm not doing this to get the praise and attention I wanted as a kid from my family because if they couldn't love a child just because I picked up on their bad habits and became fat then I'm better off without that kind of love in my life. I'm doing this because I want to be healthier and not get any diseases common in my family and because I want to love my body as much as I love the personality I know I have and that isn't going to happen as long as I'm fat. You have to decide to do it for yourself and you got to remember that losing weight may change your confidence and even how the people around you react to you but how you react to that is up to you.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wow great posts.... I have been there ,done that too and not just for a couple of years. I agree with Manda ( by the way should you ever come to southern Ohio come and visit, your'e invited:flowerforyou: )
    Peej, Liana and all the other posts. One thing I found is that sometimes we think we deserve to be treated badly because we are to big, or not smart enough, or not wealthy or some other stupid thing and somehow it reflects back on us. ( its like other people can feel how we think of ourselves and then tread us accordingly)
    The way I see it now is, that if anybody doesn't like me or doesn't want to know me because I am fat they have missed out on a great person:tongue: I have a sence of humor , am a good friend when you need me ( someone say'd you can steel horses with me:blushing: ) and God created me, loves me and one of these days I will be perfect ( but not in this lifetime:laugh: ) I want to loose the weight because I am tired of being tired, have no energy , starting to have problems with my back and knees
    I appreciate all of YOU:flowerforyou: it is such a great site for all of us and the support can't be beat.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

what He has for me is way more awesome than anything I could've put together myself.

Manda, you are so ahead of the game. It took me many years to realize this. I am so touched and proud (and wishing you were my daughter!)

I AM up for adoption..

:happy:

Too late. I have already adopted her.

Dang............ I'm closer!
  • heather2219
    heather2219 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I read your message and I have to tell you that it was like reading my own thoughts. Except I am not ok about being big. I am losing this weight for me. I don't like the attention that I get when I am thin, but maybe the problem is more about how I handle that attention. It's not about a man, or my friends, family or even strangers. It's just about me. I want to love me. I want to look at myself and smile, instead of doing the low crawl whenever I see a mirror just so I don't catch a glimpse. If you are comfortable being big, then by all means be big. But if it's because your hiding, then that's just not a good enough reason. You deserve to feel good. And it sounds like you have earned it too. Good luck and God bless.
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    Girl I feel your pain! but don't hide yourself anymore! lose this weight for you and no one else! and don't worry the lord is going to send you a good man that will appreciate you!!! good luck...

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter