Ever been dumped or rejected because of your weight loss?

Options
This has never happened to me but I have heard of it happening before. Have you ever been dumped by someone or rejected BECAUSE of your weight loss? As it they were more attracted to you when you were heavier? I'm curious to hear some stories if anyone has them.

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    No.
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    My boyfriend wants to know why I want to "**** up my body" by weight-lifting.
    I told him so I could "**** up his face" if he has a problem with it. :glasses:
  • Cornn
    Cornn Posts: 11
    Options
    :laugh: Love this!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, no. But is it strange that I'm fearful of it? I'm lighter now than I've ever been and definitely in better physical strength in regards to what I can achieve. I'm worried that my husband won't like the changes. Bleh.
  • gissalm
    Options
    Nope, but my husband told me this morning that If I lose my butt, he will have a problem hahahaha ... i thought he was sweet :tongue:

I, of course don't mind losing some of it
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    well i guess you could say I was. But I think it was more a fear response of "I will dump her before she has a chance to dump me"....

but as my last partner was walking out the door after we discussed how our relationship was over, he stopped half way out the door, turned around and said "You know, if you hadn't lost the fweight, we'd still be together."

It took me a few days to pick my jaw up off the floor....
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I'm really lucky in the fact that my husband is a marine and is very active. He's excited for me to get in shape so we can do more together, and he knows how important it is for my self esteem :)
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi,
    I think I misread the title. My experience is kind of the opposite, I guess.

I was surprised to find that at my heaviest, guys were still into it. Which is dumb to be surprised - I too had bought into that cultural stereotype that thin is in I suppose - but yeah, you don't have to be a twig to be lusted after. hahaha.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Eh, it can count as rejection. I started dating again after my 2nd marriage was over and there were a few guys who were like "I've never been with a larger woman" or some variance of trying to be nice about dating a fat girl. Even my now-husband said he'd never dated anyone above a size 8 before. But I never made excuses for anything. I knew I let myself go and I knew I had some problems (not just weight) and I didnt let it phase me. You either want to be with me or you do not. My husband says he won the lottery with me though ~ he married his fat girl and she's melting away. <3 Its a wonder what love and support can do for your own motivation and encouragement.
  • Cornn
    Cornn Posts: 11
    Options
    well i guess you could say I was. But I think it was more a fear response of "I will dump her before she has a chance to dump me"....

but as my last partner was walking out the door after we discussed how our relationship was over, he stopped half way out the door, turned around and said "You know, if you hadn't lost the fweight, we'd still be together."

That's what I'm guessing the reason is. Unless they are hardcore chubby chasers or something. Sounds like a dumb guy though!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't dumped for my weightloss but a strange thing though.

My ex an I split up and she started seeing a co worker, I've recently found out he's 5'8" bald and weighs about 19 stone (266lbs) which is about what I was 2 years ago, so I guess she's into the fuller figured man.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope, but my husband told me this morning that If I lose my butt, he will have a problem hahahaha ... i thought he was sweet :tongue:

I, of course don't mind losing some of it

My fiance said the same thing LOL
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options

Woah, that's intense. Could just be an excuse from him though...
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say i was dumped or rejected because of it but it did cause i rift in my last relationship, and causing some ripples in my current dating life, the more weight i lose the less approachable i become, the irony.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Not exactly. I went out with this one guy who told me that he wouldn't be attracted to me anymore if I lost weight. Buuuut he was an all around jerk...:grumble: I was done with his azz real quick.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wants to know why I want to "**** up my body" by weight-lifting.
    I told him so I could "**** up his face" if he has a problem with it. :glasses:

:laugh: brilliant!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Whomever you're with now will not be the same person you are with 10 years from now. Even if they have the same DNA, they just can't be the same person. It's amazing how invested we are in the person we fall in love with and how unwilling we are to keep our hearts open to who they become over the years.

It's very sad when a person can't expand their world to include change even in a positive direction.
  • allenaceattorney
    Options
    Sometimes I'm worried my fiancee will dump me because of her weight loss, that she'll realize how much better she can do.
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    Yup but honestly idgaf because now i'm much skinnier i can walk the streets like this

Suzuki_Fuku.gif
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I dated this guy for a couple of months (this was several years ago). I was the one with a crush on him, but didn't have the nerve to go up and talk with him. Then I started working out and lost a little bit of weight, with that my confidence started going up. So one night I had the nerve to go up and start talking to him, he asked me out and I thought all was well. About 6 weeks into it, he started pulling back, not calling as much and we were doing less together. One day he calls me up and I just flat out ask.. "It seems likes we are seeing less of each other and not connecting as much.. what's going on"? His response to me.. "To tell you the truth.. you are little on the thin side for my liking, I usually go for thicker girls". :laugh: I decided I liked the weight loss more than him and didn't look back.