Lasagna recipes with no PASTA!!??

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Grilled eggplant

Replace ricotta with firm tofu, some cottage cheese, a hand full of shredded cheese, basil, garlic and a little bit of Italian dressing that has been paddled in a kitchenaid mixer or regular mixer.

Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354227224651859&set=a.287480197993229.67740.282449018496347&type=1&theater
  • deadlights
    Options
    Some great tips here. THX
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    bump
  • Kjngrrl
    Kjngrrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    thin sliced sweet potato is what i use :)
  • callum1787
    Options
    Hairy Bikers Leak Lasagne is very very nice
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    soft tortillas or sliced zucchinni! I have had both, I prefer both over pasta hands down
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe once that turned out awesome that was pastaless. I want to say you mixed eggs and milk to make these crepe type things and used those as the noodles. It turned out really good. I'll try to Google and see if I can find it again.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I've replaced the pasta with Zucchini, eggplant, and spaghetti squash (cooked, scraped out, and spread the 'spaghetti' around for that layer) at different times.

All were fantastic!
  • Stevensno
    Options
    I saw some people use leeks on the TV. They cut them into sheets and parboiled them to straighten them out.

I saw that too ( The Hairy Bikers) and despite the glowing reports it received I thought it looked manky.
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Leeks work wonderfully courtesy of the hairy bikers!
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I have used eggplant, zucchini and spaghetti squash. I use cottage cheese and spinach.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe once that turned out awesome that was pastaless. I want to say you mixed eggs and milk to make these crepe type things and used those as the noodles. It turned out really good. I'll try to Google and see if I can find it again.

Could it be this? Dying to try them.

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/low-carb-crepes-a-great-alternative-to-a-whole-lotta-stuff/#
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options
    Found it! This is the recipe I used:

http://www.lowcarb-recipes.net/recipes/Main-Dish/Pasta/LowCarb-Lasagna.html

Ingredients:
    10 eggs
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 tsp salt

Preparation Method:

To make the noodles you will use for layering... Take eggs, heavy cream and salt. Mix very well with a mixer Now pour about a 1/4 cup at a time into a large greased fry pan. Cook like you would crepes.
    These are the noodles...wait until they cool really well, you may even want to put them in the fridge. Now use these noodles to make a traditional lasagna...I usually make a sugar free sauce and layer with 1 sausage, ricotta cheese, mounce zarella
    maybe some mushrooms..then cover with sauce and cheese at the end. Bake for 40 minutes or so at 350°F-180°C. This recipe is super low in carbs...really the only carbs you are getting is from the tomatoes in the sauce and that is so minor..this recipe can be used on the induction part of the Atkins diet!!!
    Carbs:

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 133 Calories; 11g Fat (75.0% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 254mg Cholesterol; 208mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    but the problem is, zukes are foul vegetables sent here by the debbil hisself. and eggplants aren't far behind. Slimy veggies- barf.

I second this - hate both of those "veggies" (they are not veggies, really, i swear!)

I wonder what else could be use....

*ding*
    *cue light bulb*

What about if you pounded some chicken breast flat/thin and used that instead of demon veggies or pasta? Or if you don't object to veal, use some scallopi (sp) cuts.... oh, now I want to go try this.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options

Could it be this? Dying to try them.

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/low-carb-crepes-a-great-alternative-to-a-whole-lotta-stuff/#

No, but that sure does look good. I might try this one next time I make it! Thanks for the link. :bigsmile:
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You can use zucchini in place of the pasta =) It adds a lot of yummy flavor to the lasagna!

i need to remember this!
  • trgodin
    trgodin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Use Quinoa in place of the pasta.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I've done it before with zucchini, squash, eggplant, and peppers before. You can also throw in some sliced onions for a little stronger flavor if you like.

If you want the zucchini or squash to be firmer, quickly fry them in a very thin layer of oil on the pan before using them in the lasagna.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options
    I use wonton wrappers and make little mini lasagnas in cupcake tins. I got the recipe on this site- Lasagna Cupcakes. They're yummy :-)

That sounds good too! Wonton wrappers make everything better.