Keeping a Food Journal

I enjoying logging my food because I can keep track of the amounts I consume per meal. I have a really bad habit of skipping or eating way too light for breakfast, but now that I take the time to log it and actually pay attention, I feel that I can better focus on eating a proper portion. They say that breakfast's the most important and should be the highest calorie amount, right? Also, when logging foods does this site/app record the time when the foods are logged?

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    I'm not a Breakfast eater, so I can't answer the first question.

The second one, though, I can. No, it does not log the time that you eat. What I've done it section my diary with time frames. My shift changes from night to days every 2 months, and for some reason, this has helps me so I can log for the time frame instead of the meal. Does that make sense? If you want, go look at my Diary. It should be open.
  • Oh yeah wow, I see now! Thanks a lot for the information and congrats to you and your new baby on the way! It's good that your kids have a mother who is taking care of herself. It'll pay off well in the long run.
  • Your body doesn't really care when you eat your calories. You could eat 600 calories for breakfast, and 600 for the rest or the day, or you could have your 600 calorie meal for dinner. It doesn't really matter, this is why intermittent fasting works.
  • Hi,
    What do you mean by "intermittent fasting"?
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    I heard that there is more success at losing the weight for those who track what they eat. I'll have to see what the stats are.