Breastfeeding and not losing weight?

Options
Could the fact that I'm breastfeeding stop me from losing weight? I've been on my diet now for 11 days and I've only lost 1 lb. 1 stupid pound! I'm staying under 1400 calories a day and I'm doing low carb.
HELP!

Replies

• msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had trouble losing any weight while I was breastfeeding. That was just me personally and it was frustrating since you hear so many people say that the pounds kept dropping while breastfeeding. They didn't start coming off until I was done. You have plenty of time to lose weight so just focus on the child and eating enough to sustain your supply. When i cut calories too much, my supply went down.

Good luck!
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I personally wanted to smack everyone who said that the weight just "melted off" while they were nursing. That NEVER was true for me the two times that I nursed...12 months with my first and 18 months with my second. Both times, it wasn't until I stopped nursing that the weight started coming off...but it never EVER just "melted off."

Honestly, I'm wondering now if it's because I wasn't eating enough to sustain my body AND nurse at the same time so my body was just hanging on to everything.

If you want, search the threads for the eat more to weigh less groups...they have some calculators there for BMR and TDEE that might be interesting. Remember too that you should add 300-500 cal/day when you're nursing...

Good luck!
  • MamaBearRoars
    MamaBearRoars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. I'm on my 13 month of nursing. Doesn't seem to matter if I eat what I want or if I watch calories, my weigh hovers around the same mark! Hate it!