What time do you weigh yourself?

Options
When I weigh myself in the morning it says 140lbs but when I weigh myself in the evening it says 142-143. So which is my true weight? Do I track my morning weight or evening?

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    Just pick a time and weigh at the same time everyday. Your afternoon weight could be higher due to the weight of food in your system...water...gravitational pull... all kinds of other strange reasons..
  • mrramsey
    Options
    Well, since your weight will fluctuate throughout the day the important part, for me anyway, is weighing in at a consistent time weekly. But I have always read that morning is best.

I record weight weekly every Saturday morning. But I still check throughout the week to see where the trend is.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning, every morning. Most people lose water weight while they sleep or during workouts. In some athletic competitions, athletes weight before, during and after an event to track water loss.

Basically, both weights are your true weight. It just depends on how much water your cells are retaining at the time you weigh.
  • jennifer87402
    jennifer87402 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine and my husband told me to weigh as soon as i get out of bed... So before dressing or drinking water right after going to the bathroom i weigh. That ay i haven't eaten or drank anything. hope this helps
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mornings, naked. i like seeing the lowest possible weight, because it gives me confidence thru out my day. I do not weight myself any other time, because then I get depressed.
  • Bighiker2
    Options
    It is normal to weigh more in the evening. I would stick with one weighing time - either morning or evening -. Also, you should weigh yourself in your birthday suit or always with the same clothes on..
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh myself in the morning, naked, before I eat or drink anything. I try to weigh myself atleast once or twice a week, but I only count the weigh ins on Friday mornings.
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself (wearing little to no clothing) every Friday morning before eating or drinking anything.
  • justalittleTLC
    justalittleTLC Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning, after I use the restroom, and before I eat or drink anything.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz. says that the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up. Roll out of bed, visit the bathroom & step on the scale.
  • donna_l_49
    donna_l_49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning. I try to weigh the same time everyday.
  • lorriannly
    lorriannly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning, before I even have my coffee. I do weigh every day cuz I weigh on my Wii fit and like to stamp my calendar page.
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz. says that the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up. Roll out of bed, visit the bathroom & step on the scale.

Agreed. That's what I do, that way nothing is in your system and you're likely to get a more accurate reading.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Yup, Morning is the best time but if that is not possible then it is more important to weigh yourself at the same time of day each time for more consistency.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    First thing in the morning when I'm nakey with an empty stomach!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    When I weigh myself in the morning it says 140lbs but when I weigh myself in the evening it says 142-143. So which is my true weight? Do I track my morning weight or evening?

Pick one time and stick with it. Everyone's weight fluctuates through out the day so if you're weighing yourself multiple times your just gonna make yourself crazy. Try not to focus too much on the numbers on the scale...it can be a poor indicator of progress especially for someone who doesn't have a lot of weight to lose. Take your measurements and rely on how your clothes feel and how you look :flowerforyou:
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Depends... If I am not working on my weigh in days, I will weigh first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything. If I do work, I go home at 7am, sleep and weigh in when I wake up. :)
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yep. Like a lot of other people I weigh myself first thing in the morning (after I've gone to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, of course). I have issues with water retention, so this time of day is when I always weight the least.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    I weigh myself as soon as I wake and relieve myself. I also stop eating and drinking 12 hours the night before my weigh-ins. Food and water creates extra weight I dont care to bring to the scale with me.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I get up, pee and then weight myself. As people have mentioned, there are so many things that go in to weight fluctuation (sweat from working out, drinking a glass of water, sodium, etc.). After peeing is the most stable day to day that it's going to get.