I just ran 5 miles non-stop!! Hell ya! :D

Options

Replies

• dropping_anch0rs
    Options
    Amazing job! You can do it, keep believing in yourself and keep up with that motivation and you'll be where you wanna be in no time! :D
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    That's freaken amazing!! Congrats! :drinker:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    ^5!!

great job!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    You Freaking ROCK!!!!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Huge accomplishment!
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was there in July, and next month I have a half marathon! Just keep going, rest when needed, and keep setting goals. I LOVE setting goals. The best moments for me running have been::

First mile non-stop.
    First 5K
    First 5 mile non-stop
    First 10K
    First 100 mile month.

I will be adding half marathon soon! Great job and keep going. Tons of milestones feel awesome in running!
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You should feel AWESOME, great job!!!! I see a marathon in someones future :-)
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congratulations! I just started the C25K program last night. I haven't tried to run since high school. Even though I didn't run that far, it was my biggest accomplishment in a long time. It felt amazing...I can't wait to try it again tonight.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats! I want to start a running program too, I would love to be able to run that far non-stop. Did you do C25K or any other program or did you just get out there and run?

First off, Thank you all so much for your kind words. :) I didn't do C25K, I just looked up how to train for a 5K and printed it out. When I hit that mark I looked up how to train for a 10K and kept going. lol I'm almost through the 10K training.

http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/first5K.htm

http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/10Kbeginner.htm
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    That is impressive!! :drinker: I just passed my 3 mile record the other day. I have a long way to go still!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Grats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only run about 4 miles on a good day, but I am hoping one day to run 6 non stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
    Helllllllz yeahhhh!
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great work! That's a great milestone!

Coming from someone who is currently nursing achilles tendonitis, please take your time increasing your distances. I felt so great once I got over five miles I started increasing to fast and now I'm injured.

Good luck to you!
  • GiaBellDebbs
    GiaBellDebbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too. I just did that last night. I am up to a 13.1 mile race on October 7th in Long Beach California. I am so excited.:bigsmile:
  • jbates514
    Options
    Congratulations. What a great milestone. Keep of the good work .:flowerforyou:
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. You have the right to be proud. Great job!
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    EXCELLENT
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome way to go
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It does feel awesome!!!!!! Its so much fun to see how much more you are capable of than you ever thought possible! Congrats and goooo you!