No money for videos and equipment. HELP

Options

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I would add jumping jacks, high knees, leg lifts. maybe some burpees and if you want to get a jump rope, you can do a lot of this. There are all sorts of works out on Google and YouTube.
  • matabiau
    Options
    try myomytv.com, with just a few equipment you will learn many workouts
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Check your local library. They may have some and may be available for no charge if you have a membership.

Yes. Yes.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. I have a treadmill but I do get tired of that all the time and I don't have any dvd's either so I find stuff on youtube, I put headphones in and dance like crazy for an hour or so, I go for walks with my kids. There are a bunch of things to do. Any moving is great! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    carliestylez on youtube
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    Try this site... tons of workouts and variations for each body part.

http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/
  • julieo81
    julieo81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't do too much running as I tore a few ligaments in my knee last year, and running really gets it hurting, I'm hoping losing weight will help with that.

I have a bike and ride trails for cardio, as well as my treadmill that my boyfriend got me for Valentines day. ( I know very romantic, but I told him that is what I wanted) I ride dirt bikes, scuba dive, play racketball, and anything else that will keep me busy, but I'm not able to do it on a regular basis; life gets in the way of my fun.

I just was really lost with the other stuff, and I think all of these are really good ideas, and hopefully they will help someone else too.
  • newme1995
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, that's fantastic!

http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow
    ^ This is a blog I track and that page has the link to free videos on the web! I would recommend any of Jillian Michaels workouts or Turbo Jam

Enjoy! X
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I go to my local library and take out exercise dvd :) if you have the ability you can (and I know it's illegal but ) copy it. Good luck with your life style change :)
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I second using bodybuilding.com to find workouts.
    One of my favorites is: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jnl-on-the-go-episode-3.html
    It uses handweights but you can use canned foods or water jugs.

Also, the first workout for Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred is available on YouTube. Again, you can sub the hand weights for cans or full water bottles.

Just a couple of my favorites.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    local library and youtube has alot of videos on there.

It's free to go for a walk something that doesn't require anything specailised. Good lucks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hulu.com has a health & fitness channel .... lots of exercise videos there

Check out you local thrift (pawn) shops .... lots of VHS workouts (if you have a VCR).... and a few DVD workouts. Most people are looking for movies ... not exercise DVDs ... you might find weights there too.

The deck of cards workout: Hearts = cardio, Diamonds = upper, Spades = lower, Clubs = abs. Play: draw the 8 of hearts - do 8 jumping jacks, draw 10 of diamonds do 10 push ups .... etc.

Tons of stuff on line. Here's a quick one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    TONS Of videos on youtube and you dont need to buy weights. Fill up a backpack with tins of food and get squatting/lunging, you can do press ups with it on your back too. If you are super careful you can even use the backpack as a kettlebell (I say careful because NO ONE wants to whack their backside with tinned food!). Use your stairs or front door step as an aerobic step, stick the radio on and have fun!
    Ive never used videos or dvds other than yoga, Ive watched a few on youtube and got the general ideas to make my own workouts, its great because you can target the bits you want :)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I would add jumping jacks, high knees, leg lifts. maybe some burpees and if you want to get a jump rope, you can do a lot of this.

Ditto!
  • safu87
    safu87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender on youtube have good videos.. From beginners to tabata and HIIT videos. You work up a sweat with them!!
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all, congrats on your weight loss already! 19lbs is awesome.

I would recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You can find it here on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8

It has all 3 levels one right after the other. Start with just Level 1 for 10 days, then Level 2 for 10 days, then Level 3. That's how it's set up, but really you can incorporate it into other workouts and not do it every day, etc. Up to you. I did it in August and had a lot of success with it and really toned up.

I agree! Thanks for this post!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Women's Health has lots of workout plans that use little to no equipment:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/workouts
  • julieo81
    julieo81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all, congrats on your weight loss already! 19lbs is awesome.

I would recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. You can find it here on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8

It has all 3 levels one right after the other. Start with just Level 1 for 10 days, then Level 2 for 10 days, then Level 3. That's how it's set up, but really you can incorporate it into other workouts and not do it every day, etc. Up to you. I did it in August and had a lot of success with it and really toned up.

:flowerforyou: Holy Cowbells..... I just did level one, and I think im going to die; my arms were already a little shakey from this morning mini workout..... Thanks for the link
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    For pure cardio, there's walking and jogging...even doing intervals with both.

For cardio/strength training, build circuits that incorporate body weight-based strength training alternating with cardio bursts. For weight-based exercises:

Push-ups - (shoulder width, wide, narrow/tricep push-ups...on knees, toes, holding one foot up)
    Tricep dips /crabs
    Squats (hip distance, wide, narrow)
    Lunges (front, reverse, cross walking lunges,)
    Calf raises
    Planks (static holds of certain lengths, side planks, "plank ups")
    Various ab crunches that require no equipment

Cardio:
    Run in place
    Butt kicks
    High Knees
    Jumping Jacks
    ski hops side to side
    kickboxing moves (punches, kicks)

You can build your own 25-30 minute workout of circuits using these exercises back to back. If you search on-line, you can find some already created routines.

19 lbs is amazing, by the way!!