Tips to cut out excess calories?

Options
Aloha MFP.

I'm looking to reduce the amount of calories I eat (already exercise a good bit) so I can shed 2lbs a week instead of 1.5.

Any suggestions??

To ge the ball rolling-
no creamer (low-fat) in my am cup of joe
no cheese
measure, measure, measure
Splenda- my best friend
Don't drink any calories
Mustard, no mayo

Replies

• TinaBasinger
    Options
    Eliminate as much sugar and flour as you can and if possible, ramp up your workouts a bit. How often do you work out now and for how long?
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Replace Splenda with Truvia.

When you have to eat out, ask for half of your dish. If you want the other half, you can ask them to wrap it up instead of putting it on your plate, but more often than not half of the dish is a perfect portion (whereas the entire portion is way too large -- in Texas it is, anyway).

Eat something with protein in the beginning of the day; I find that this keeps me full longer so I can avoid the mid-afternoon snack craving.

WHY IS THERE A COUPON FOR GUSHERS IN THE MFP ADS. SORRY THIS IS JUST SO NOT COOL AAAAAH

Only drink water.

Eat your sandwiches/burgers without the top bun. It doesn't taste any different. Add more meat and fold it to make up for it (I make a lot of sammiches at home).

If you crave sweets, eat a peach instead. It really soothes the sweet tooth for me.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2rmv5zb.png

bahaha.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It would be easier if your diary was open.

Drink lots of water. Drink tea too. Especially before a meal.
    Lots of lean protein.
    Get enough fiber.
    Make sure to still eat healthy fats.
    Eat big salads with lots of veggies, the size often tricks us into thinking we are eating more calories than we really are so we get satisfied easier.
    Eat more fruits/veggies. Steam your veggies or eat raw.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the 2lb a week.
    Whats your body fat%?

Unless you are Obese II or higher its not going to work.
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Thanks for the feedback. Just interested in hearing what others have "adjusted" foodwise so that they can make those precious clories stretch the furthest.

All good suggestions so far.

Some of you asked for my specifics--
    EXERCISE- buring 400-900 calories 5 times a week (60-90 minutes)... um, yea. still officailly obese- 30 BMI
    FOOD- 1400 calories more or less; I log every bite.
    RESULTS- been losing my 1.5 a week -- yayyyy me!!!!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash and tofu shirataki noodles are suitable pasta replacements for a fraction of the calories.
    Different brands and flavors have different calorie counts - you'd actually be surprised how many you can save without even noticing it.
    Air-popped popcorn is only 250 calories for a huuuuuge bowl. It's my go-to food for a snack attack.
    Add vegetables to EVERYTHING. They beef up the portion size for minimal calories.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Thanks for the feedback. Just interested in hearing what others have "adjusted" foodwise so that they can make those precious clories stretch the furthest.

All good suggestions so far.

Some of you asked for my specifics--
    EXERCISE- buring 400-900 calories 5 times a week (60-90 minutes)... um, yea. still officailly obese- 30 BMI
    FOOD- 1400 calories more or less; I log every bite.
    RESULTS- been losing my 1.5 a week -- yayyyy me!!!!

Stick with that till it doesnt work anymore then take a break for a week.
    Please learn your numbers since BMI is useless.

Learn TDEE, BMR and body fat%.
    If you were to lose 15lbs but body fat% stayed the same youll understand why these numbers are important.