struggling

Options
I am struggling today. I am having a bad fibro day first and foremost. I have been overly exhausted since I got up this morning. Ever stay up for 24 hours straight? That is how I feel today. I just want to eat. I have a little over 100 cal left for the day, no energy to earn more walking (which is all I can do currently) and kinda don't care. I just want to eat like I haven't eaten in 3 weeks. I have done really well since I started this and lost 22 lbs so far in hte last 3 weeks. To top it off it is TOM. I just want to eat. Can even be healthy I just want to eat.

Replies

• Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you're having such a bad day! If there is one thing I have learned about myself through this process is sometimes I just need a break! Life happens and some days are harder than others. Sounds to me like you need a good healthy meal/snack - If it feels like your body is telling you that you need to eat then you probably do.

Take some time to yourself to really think about how you're feeling right now - If food is what you need then so be it!

I would eat healthy and get some sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. Good luck! Hope this helps!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've looked back through your diary and yes you do need to eat more every day, not just today! You are only hitting around 950 calories net some days and most of the food you eat isn't healthy!!! This will make you feel crap and do you damage in the long term. So sorry you're having health problems.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    When you are hungry, try some protein, or try some healthy fat and protein together, egg whites, a few peanuts, a little peanut butter with Wasa Crispbeeads, Canadian bacon, lean pork, soy milk, tuna, etc. these are healthy and filling. Sounds like you might benefit from protein which will keep you full longer and drink some water with it. Hope you get a handle on what is causing this need to eat so much! :flowerforyou:
  • raetonycass
    raetonycass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've looked back through your diary and yes you do need to eat more every day, not just today! You are only hitting around 950 calories net some days and most of the food you eat isn't healthy!!! This will make you feel crap and do you damage in the long term. So sorry you're having health problems.

Normally I do ok other than tired but that is an ongoing problem linked to my fibromyalgia. Believe it or not, my diet is already a hundred times healthier than it was 3 weeks ago. I will keep trying to tweak it and make it better but I know I can't do a complete overhaul overnight and be successful. I also broke down and had a second taco and a Little Debbie snack cake which in turn made me want to vomit because I then felt way over full and bloated.
  • raetonycass
    Options
    When you are hungry, try some protein, or try some healthy fat and protein together, egg whites, a few peanuts, a little peanut butter with Wasa Crispbeeads, Canadian bacon, lean pork, soy milk, tuna, etc. these are healthy and filling. Sounds like you might benefit from protein which will keep you full longer and drink some water with it. Hope you get a handle on what is causing this need to eat so much! :flowerforyou:

I know in general I have already doubled the amount of protein in my diet. However I think you are right about me needing more. I think tomorrow I might try adding his whey protein powder to my breakfast and see if that helps. As far as getting a handle on it I am seeing my dr next Wed and plan on taking my food diaries with me.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You really need to be eating more every day. Just a couple hundred cal more a day and it will help take aways the always exhausted feeling. You need to figure out your BMR and eat at least that much everyday.
  • raetonycass
    Options
    You really need to be eating more every day. Just a couple hundred cal more a day and it will help take aways the always exhausted feeling. You need to figure out your BMR and eat at least that much everyday.

I honestly think my exhausted feeling has a lot more to do with my fibromyalgia (which pulls in Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and a sleep disorder) than with my diet. Going to discuss it with my dr Wed though.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Whatever it says is what it needs and it won't give you what you need till it is satisfied. I'm learning not to be hard on myself. Give yourself a break and start over tomorrow. You have time...the race is not given to the swift!