Zumba Oaf

Options
Sooooo.... i went to my first Zumba class....
When DOES one stop feeling like a lumbering waterbuffalo in the middle of a bunch of pixies?

Wow that was tough, but i'm going again, because it's loud music, it's happy people, it's inspiration....

One lady said "Just keep wiggling, something will fall off..."

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    "Just keep wiggling, something will fall off..."

lulz
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yep! That's why I workout at home.
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    I felt the same way at first, but then I realized the key to succeeding in Zumba is to not give a *kitten* about what you look like. Just have fun! You're doing something great for your body, and NOBODY is a perfect dancer, lol. :)
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Haha I love Zumba! Totally feel like a water buffalo every class though...but that's ok!i love it and its a fun workout....I will be a pixie (kinda) one day too! Stick with it if you enjoy it!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    i stand in the back of the room so no one can c me!!!!!! but i dont care if i look dumb i love zumba and everyone is to busy watchin the instructor to worry bout what u r doin or what u look like just have fun!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sydvenus
    Options
    Just dance!!! I felt that way and now a few months later I look at the others that can't danceLOL
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Smh. I understand. I use to go to Zumba classes and even though I was always bigger than a lot of the people I didn't care! I was there to dance and have fun. They complimented me on how fast I learned the dances and said I was doing it better than them. (I gladly took the compliments LOL) Your there to have fun,sweat and go home LOL. I wouldn't care what they thought of me or how I looked.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA , just enjoy and don't stop dancing!!!
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    One lady said "Just keep wiggling, something will fall off..."

I literally lol'd at that!
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my instructor always starts the class with "everyone get in your bubble before we begin"...meaning we dance in our own bubble and nobody can see us...just keep on moving. i've been doing zumba for years and can tell you that one day you will get it and you will know the steps to the songs that your instructor plays and you'll feel more and more confident each time you go back...so just keep on going back. zumba fitness is fun and the music is great!!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Eh it takes a good 5 classes to really start feeling comfortable. Go enjoy and have fun!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i read a woman on here just told her class mates she sufferd from CRD (caucasian rythum dissorder)
    but yeeeah thank the sweet gaming gods for makeing zumba for the wii. i can hide out in my garauge and zumba with know one seeing me jiggle and stumble:bigsmile:
  • webarr2003
    Options
    Give it a couple of classes and you will be on top of the dance moves. I love going makes me feel like a dancing queen and never a work out. Even though some times the teacher likes to throw in surprises.
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've only taken 2 classes and plan to go back tomorrow night. I feel the same way. I did have better luck in week 2 than I did my first go at it. Just laugh and have fun! That's what I do! Enjoy yourself.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! Keep at it, you will definitely get it. Everyone has given you some great advice and remember, everyone was new once and had to learn the steps just like you. It's definitely a workout and it's fun!!! All the best to you!
  • sweetie_pi88
    sweetie_pi88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time making it to the classes because of the schedule. Therefore, I bought Zumba for the Wii and I love it. It's a great burn and I love the music. The high tempo is fabulous!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I felt this way yesterday in my class. I'm really tall and not very graceful and when I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror I had a vision of what Herman Munster would look like if he were doing Zumba. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba classes for 9 months and I still feel like that sometimes! LOL ... it really does get better though. It took me about 4 or 5 classes to feel more comfortable... aka: not be bright red during the hip shaking moves ;)
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Options
    Just have fun and enjoy the music.
  • amanda_catherine
    Options
    I do samba and salsa at home... and my parrot laughs at me.... (that should give you an idea of how bad i am at it)