Zumba

Options
Hi there,
I did a Zumba class last night and can't see it in MFP anywhere... surely I am not the only person in the MFP world to have done it. Can anyone advise if it's in here as something different?
Cheers

Replies

• emarific
    emarific Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had to add it myself, I give myself 200 calories for 45 min class.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I go for an hour, I don't have an hrm but girls in my class do. 400-800 cal burn. I normally give myself 500
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I am a Zumba Fanatic! We do an hour glass, 3 times a week. And we burn at least 650ish. I have been doing it for a year and I just log it myself. Hope you enjoyed the class. It's my life, next to housework lol. Keep going and you will see amazing results.
  • MrsBroni
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I did enjoy it and going back next week! I thought it would come up if I searched Database for Zumba but it doesn't so i will just add it myself!
  • krankeekandie
    Options
    you could do it under dance- general.
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I put it under aerobic dance...it's something like 333 calories for 55 minutes. If anything, i think that's a little low, but I don't have a HRM yet.
  • kaffin
    Options
    I just got back from zumba...absolutely love it! I go for an hour and usually give myself 500-700 depending on how hard I work. :)
  • jaspermarie
    Options
    http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Scroll down to the bottom, and there is a zumba-specific calculator based on your weight!
    Once you've calculated once, it will always be in your exercises and you only need to enter in the minutes in mfp.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    theres a great website...zumbacalories.com...that helps you calculate how much you burn in a class! it syncs up with my hrm within 10-15 cals regularly!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    the best way to know is with a HRM..and u can add it to your exercises :)
  • MariaRoseBicknell
    Options
    Depends how hard you are working it ;) I just did it tonight and got 672 cals for 60 min
  • EyeFit15
    EyeFit15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba classes and I agree with the lady who said "keep up with it & you'll see amazing result".....she's right...& you'll have a good time getting in shape.....and add some weightlifting for toning....have fun ......but just add it yourself....
  • kjbbdoll
    Options
    It all depends on your weight and how much you are putting into it. When I weighed 20lbs heavier (155ish) I burned over 700 calories an hr. Now I weigh 134 and burn around 400-450 calories an hr. I have a fitbit that tells me how many calories were burned and it is really close to High Impact Aerobics, jfyi. :) Love me some Zumba!!!!
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am 31, 5'6 and 165. I wear a HRM and burn anywhere from 550-750 in a 60 minute class. I add it myself.