Clean Eaters - What do you drink besides water?

Options
Lately I've been finding myself bored with plain water which is unusual for me. Typically the only things I ever drink are water and alcohol .. LOL ... so, what do you drink with or between meals that is clean and won't pack on the calories? I am loving Kombucha but its so dang expensive!

Replies

• ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea
    Coffee
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I drink tea. That's the only thing I drink besides water.
  • emfischer90
    emfischer90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    tea and black coffee :)
  • gabengayle
    gabengayle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of kombucha, but I make it myself. Have you considered making your own? I was intimidated to try it, but I'm glad I did because it's actually really easy!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    http://www.truelemonstore.com/products/true_lemon

I buy the lemon and lime powders from the True Lemon store. They sell them in packets in stores too. :) The nice part is I add a little to my water and a tiny bit of sweetener (Nectresse) and I no longer have boring water. It's the only way I've managed to convince myself to drink water because I'm just not into it. I actually got the orange one as a free sample and it's like a really, really sweet orange. The lime and lemon are true to flavor.
  • countmein88
    Options
    I mostly drink water aside from my cup of milk. However I recently picked up some gatorade (G2); really low in calories and tastes pretty sweet and salty at times, for after my workouts and/or just because. Mind you I only picked up the pack as it seemed recently priced (sale) and have had it for quite sometime.

But yea like everyone else I usually think its a waste to drink my calories lol and stick to water, i've come to love it :)
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sparkling water (plain or naturally flavored - not the kind with artificial sweeteners!!) and to be honest I still drink coffee (but I don't consider that clean... I just haven't given it up yet. Hopefully I will one day)
  • RockkinMommy
    Options
    Diet Decaf Iced Tea ... 5 calories per 8 oz.
  • tabfjo
    tabfjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just water and tea. Rarely some OJ. I add lemon slices, lime slices, or mint to my water to mix things up a bit!
  • dev5254
    dev5254 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a straight water drinker either and I have problems with artificial sweetners. I tried Liptons Tea & Honey packets they come in a couple different flavors. You add 1 packet to 16 oz of water and it is only 10 calories. It tastes really good.
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like flavouring water with fruit and herbs. A few ideas:

'Pimms': half a lemon, sliced; portion of cucumber, sliced; half an orange, quartered; a handful of strawberries, halved; a handful of mint leaves, crushed.

'Lemonade': juice of half a lemon, a handful of crushed mint leaves.

Pink and fruity: half a cup of frozen berries.

Place the ingredients in a large jug; pour water in and stir; refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Poured through a strainer before drinking (unless you like floaty bits) and add ice, if you like.

If the jug's empty by bedtime, you know you've had your 8 glasses.

(I also drink the odd glass of unsweetened almond milk or coconut water and, of course, umpteen cups of herbal tea. And a large latte every couple of weeks - gotta have treats now and again.)
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Tea and, on occasion, black coffee when I go out to eat breakfast (rare). I went cold turkey on sodas and I don't drink juices (sugar levels are outrageous!). Wine/champagne with my s.o. on occasion.

Erica
  • makeitbetter
    Options
    Water with lemon or lime. Tea. LaCroix, or the local grocery store equivalent. Once in a while, Crystal Light.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Tea, milk, milk alternatives.

I don't wanna start a war....but, powders and potions you add to water is not clean eating. I am surprised at a lot of peoples ideas for clean eating beverages. Real food doesn't come in a packet.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Kombucha several times per week.
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Sparkling water with no added sweeteners (artificial or otherwise). Tea.

You can also throw some liquid stevia and lemon or lime juice in sparkling water for a very low calorie sparkling lemonade.

And for alcohol, Try flavored sparkling water with some vodka and and fruit garnish.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Diet green tea :drinker:
  • dewell2
    dewell2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to drink flavored sparkling water sometimes. The artificial sweetners in it are a downfall.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tea and water thats basicly it... I wouldnt try goin for anything els..
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump