Want to be friends?

Options
Hey everyone! I've finally started being active on here after joining months ago and would really love some friends for support and encouragement! I'm a 27 year old living in Auckland, New Zealand with a passion for cooking so I'd love someone to swap healthy recipes with!

Replies

• sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I'm in Perth, Australia so similar time zone - just about to turn 29 :smile: - I'm not the best cook in the world but search daily for new recipes and seem to be spending more and more time in the kitchen. I love asking my 'eat what I want and not put on a single pound' husband what he wants for dinner and trying to make it as healthy and low cal as possible - or failing that make something else for me! ha ha! Feel free to add me
  • sfuller911
    Options
    Hey, American here but I love new friends and I work night shift so it would even out?! :)
  • funkychickenbean
    Options
    Hello :)

Pretty far from both of you, just outside Philadelphia, US but probably most active during the same time as you! (night owl). 28 year old here who is really enjoying experimenting with cuisine for the first time. My mum is a cook so there is a lot I've picked up from here over the years so I'm not half bad. Just also looking to explore new recipe ideas.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in Michigan, USA, turning 27! I love food and am really trying this time around to cook meals that are good tasting and good for me, not just low-cal, low-carb, low-whatever. I'm more interested in getting all my nutrients, eating fresh, locally, and in-season, and portion control. I'd love some recipes from your neck of the woods!
  • funkychickenbean
    Options
    Wow we're all sort of ending up in a similar boat with this one, aren't we!? Ahaha. I work (usually) in the evening until about 10 or 10:30 so my day starts in the afternoon and ends around 4-5am.
  • shinesunfish
    Options
    Haha, my husband works thirds, so I tend to be up later than most. :-D
  • shinesunfish
    Options
    Searchfordelicious - are you veg or vegan? I am obsessed with this BBQ Qunoa Salad I just discovered - it has chicken which can be taken out, but also plain yogurt, which I feel is pretty important to it. :)
  • Searchfordelicious - are you veg or vegan? I am obsessed with this BBQ Qunoa Salad I just discovered - it has chicken which can be taken out, but also plain yogurt, which I feel is pretty important to it. :)

I guess I'm more of a pescatarian since I occasionally eat fish. I like the idea of a quinoa salad though, I've had a bag of it in my pantry for about a year now and don't know what to do with it!