why do i feel crap :(

Options
13»

Replies

• tannyasawyer
    tannyasawyer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The first thing that came to mind for me was iron - in the past I've just felt awful and drained for no apparent reason. Doctor checked my iron levels and said although I wasn't anaemic, my iron levels needed a little help. Seemed to do the trick. Wondering if a supplement with iron would help, even as part of a multivitamin.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You really need to eat back your exercise calories. I see that every day you exercise, you have (withing 100 cals or so) that same amount of calories left over for the day. MFP already adjusts a calorie deficit for you, so your body really needs to eat back those extra calories burned. Also aim for 1-2 days per week of rest. Hope you get to feeling better!!

Unless your calorie goal is TDEE with a cut (15%-20%), eat back some of your exercise calories and see how that works.

Total side track but girl, your profile pic looks like the angry principle face I used to get when I acted up on school! Major flashback!! lol

Carry on!
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    thanks y'all :) i['ve just moved to a new area and haven't registered with a doctor yet, so i'll get on that.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Your carbs don't seem that bad to me personally. Doesn't really matter as much as people think honestly, and wouldn't cause you to crash like you're describing. FYI, carbs are energy producing.

Are you eating your exercise calories back? If not, therein lies your problem.
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had a dietician come into my work, and she said that berocca (you, but on a really good day) actually works and it is very good, i get tired so i will probably give it a go too!!
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hya, sorry you're feeling like this. I went through something similar not so long ago. i read about swapping my usual diet for more water based meals for a few days, then eating like i would normally again but adding in the water days every 3 days or so. Kinda like this...

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie made with natural yoghurt and honey
    Lunch: Chunky soup made with added rice
    Tea: Chichen/prawn stir fry or chicken and bacon salad

It does seem to ease the systems, give it a breather then i felt much better. I keept it up now and do it at least once a week. Seems to work for me.

Hope this helps,

Fin x
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You've been giving lots of great info. I will only add that I was having the same issue and was working out Mon -Fri. I cut it to 3 days M-W-F and started taking Busy B (Holland and Barrett) B complex and it really helped. Good luck!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    What works for me is eating less and structuring the times that you eat. I eat one meal a day and get all my calories in then. Intermittent fasting has been so great for me. I feel so much better when my body isn't digesting food all the time.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    If it is iron or B12 I would say eat food that contains those vitamins. I don't believe in supplements unless they are really necessary. It is much more natural to absorb vitamins through your food than through a processed pill. Hope you feel better soon. Try the fasting though, because there is lots of research behind it inlcuding helping you to live longer.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    500 cal burnt a day?? That is a lot I think, you might just be getting tired. I generally do 200cal and with work as well I'm usually pooped. Do you have rest days?
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    500 cal isn't in one go, i usually do 3 exercise sessions across the day as which are 100-200 cals each. i don't do anything during teh day as i work in the evenings and my shifts are only 4 hours long
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    PODing checking or trying some Iron supplement. There are some good, fluid ones that are fruit and plant based. Check Holland and Barret's or any other health shop.
    Low levels of D-vitamin can also cause fatigue and an overall feeling of "blehness" (+ muscles weakness and pain). We're not exactly blessed with an aboundance of sun on the isles :P