Belly button rings

Options
2»

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    41yrs old, and i love mine. Does anyone see it, nope, cept my hubby. i love it, i know it's there. and that is my incentive to try to keep my belly in shape (haha,not working right now)
    Do what you love!!
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just got mine redone! It was "saggy" looking after two pregnancies and a lot of yoyo weight gain stuff, so I took it out in April I think, and got it redone 3weeks ago! I love the belly piercings and the way they look. The guy took extra skin into it this time so it doesn't look saggy. I kinda wish he pulled even more skin though actually. I'm hoping that when I change the bar out from the one he used (the balls are the same size) and put my "normal" bar in (larger ball in the bottom) I'll be happier with the way it looks. So far it has healed super fast as well. I had to check how long it had been because I've had absolutely no problems with it and was considering trying to switch the bars out a bit early, thinking I was close to the 6 weeks - nope, 3 on monday lol!

Keep it! or take it out and get it redone!

They told me that using alcohol to clean it would give scar tissue, but I have always used alcohol wipes (diabetic injection swabs) to clean my piercings and have no problems with scar tissue so I kept doing that and so far so good! lol
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    As long as you like it, keep it in.

I had to take mine out once I hit a certain point in my pregnancy because it was uncomfortable. I never tried to put one back in but wish I had. Now that I am done having kids, I may consider getting it redone. I am 38.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I was thinking about these the other day... do people still do the belly button ring thing?
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    To those of you calling certain piercings trashy... why not just say you don't like certain spots pierced/no piercings instead of insulting those that actually enjoy having them? It's terribly rude. To each their own as I like to say.
  • Amymp72
    Amymp72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this year and when I reach my mfp goal, I am having mine pierced! Keep it, if you like it.:wink:
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and I've had mine since I was 19 (18 years ago, back when it was still pretty crazy to pierce your belly button). I have a simple ring in it. I've never taken it out. No one sees it but me and my bf and I don't think he cares one way or the other.

Perhaps someday I'll get rid of it, but it's just sorta there now.
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I got mine when I hit my first goal... I am and was 28 lol..... Its a reward kinda in my opinion... I will not take mine out... :) but to each its own girlie.... But NO YOU ARE NOT "too mature" for it lol.. I work in insurance and I know I can never show it (except on the weekend) but its just nice to know I got it lol