No late night "junk"snacking - Feb 1-6

Options
2»

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Lulabelle: Wow! You even fought the evil celebration late night snack! KUDOS! I think I would have gave in for the "good cause":laugh:
    dewdrop: your post made me smile, because tonight as I was eating I was looking at the clock the entire time! Got the last spoonful in at 7:26pm and my cutoff is 7:30! Man, I was pushing it. I got home a little late because I treated myself to a mani and pedi. Now, I am typing funny, :laugh:
    Sparklepants: way to go, especially when circumstances but you in a situation in which you can not eat anytime earlier.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I did well last night.. I am confident for tonight as well.

Dewdrop, thanks for making me giggle! You are doing better than I am!

2 of 7
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: /4.

Coming up on huge snowstorm my way. Going to be stuck in my house all alone. Hubby went and bought healthy food, but need to not boredom eat.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Lulabelle: Wow! You even fought the evil celebration late night snack! KUDOS! I think I would have gave in for the "good cause":laugh:
    It's funny because every "celebration" is surrounded around food. I'm learning (finally) that I can celebrate something without stuffing my face. Being exhausted helps too. Too tired to pick the fork up and put it to my mouth...and just putting my head down and eating off the plate just seemed inappropriate for this particular occasion. :wink:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I was thinking last night, while keeping an eye on the watch during supper, "hey, I'm beginning to love this". I'm pretty sure I would've snacked after dinner, if it weren't for the challenge.
    You are awesome. Quite the motivator. I'm like you. Without the challenge and the reminder that I'm going to have to post here in the morning, I would be going for those chips. But it's morning now, so I'm free and clear to eat smiley.jpg (even my ice cream, teetee)
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    dewdrop: your post made me smile, because tonight as I was eating I was looking at the clock the entire time!

Hmm, I should've done the same while on the phone last night. It was too close to my cut-off when I started dinner, to be able to finish on time. Anyhow, considering that I stopped before being full and did not eat after I got away from the table (30 mins past my cut-off), I will keep on counting (not so convinced I should :blushing:, as this is not real success - yet, it isn't total failure either ).
  • teetee1281
    Options
    No, fair Lulabelle, I was just thinking how bored I am at home and how a bowl of ice cream would make everything better and then I read your post with a big ole ice cream cone! I guess, I will have to workout on my wii tonight to undo the damages that sitting home bored has caused me. I hate Fridays! (For me, it's my Saturday, and I never have anything planned so I eat from boredom, I know pretty sad. SMH):grumble:

Off to fridge, luckily, like Lulabelle said, it's early afternoon for me...(SECONDS LATER) No, I changed my mind, I will make me PB & J sandwich for lunch and spoonful of honey. That's a lot better than ice cream. Hopefully, I can fight the urge all day. :laugh:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Hmm, I should've done the same while on the phone last night. It was too close to my cut-off when I started dinner, to be able to finish on time. Anyhow, considering that I stopped before being full and did not eat after I got away from the table (30 mins past my cut-off), I will keep on counting (not so convinced I should :blushing:, as this is not real success - yet, it isn't total failure either ).

smiley_win.gif

I think simply being aware of what you are doing and listening to your body is a success (those are areas I have some serious problems with). Huge encouragement to me, so for my sake, you HAVE to count it!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    No, fair Lulabelle, I was just thinking how bored I am at home and how a bowl of ice cream would make everything better and then I read your post with a big ole ice cream cone! I guess, I will have to workout on my wii tonight to undo the damages that sitting home bored has caused me. I hate Fridays! (For me, it's my Saturday, and I never have anything planned so I eat from boredom, I know pretty sad. SMH):grumble:

Off to fridge, luckily, like Lulabelle said, it's early afternoon for me...(SECONDS LATER) No, I changed my mind, I will make me PB & J sandwich for lunch and spoonful of honey. That's a lot better than ice cream. Hopefully, I can fight the urge all day. :laugh:

You can do it teetee. Good food choice. PB and honey are my absolute favorite in the world and my weakness unfortunately. But hopefully it will fill you up and satisfy.
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies well I failed last night, not massively but still!!

I had 2 square of green & blacks! Ooops! It's my TOM and I just feel so drained! To be honest I'm quite proud that I only had 2 squares! haha!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Morning ladies well I failed last night, not massively but still!!

I had 2 square of green & blacks! Ooops! It's my TOM and I just feel so drained! To be honest I'm quite proud that I only had 2 squares! haha!

I had to look them up and they look scrumptious so I am impressed that you only had two, especially considering the time of the month. I'm not 100% sure that organic chocolate is considered "junk" snacking. :wink: You did great!
  • teetee1281
    Options
    What are green and blacks? Is it something with chocolate?

At the time that did satisfy me, but I ended up having pizza for dinner, but here the serving sizes are a lot smaller than in the states, so I don't think I did as bad. I was also able to finish before 8pm, which is my weekend cutoff, so I might have done bad on the eating, but at least I was successful with my cutoff. :laugh: Tomorrow morning I have step and I think I will run along with later, I will workout on my Wii. Though, for the evening I already know is going to be late because I am going to a command function, that is serving Bahrainain food. I'm looking forward to that, but I have the slightest idea how I would log it. Hopefully it will not be too damaging.
    Enjoy your afternoon!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Teetee, enjoy the Bahrainain food tonight! Let us know what you've had :wink:. I noticed you're really close to your goal. Well done! :fowerforyou:. You know, I sometimes feel that eating no later than my cut-off compensates for when I go a bit over the calories.

Lulabelle, thank you so much for the confidence you put in me, and in us. It's helped me be good last night as well :drinker: I have to check what my two numbers are - wow, 5 and 12, yeay :drinker:!

sparklepants, I'm voting as lulabelle for you counting last night, too. After all, you just tried them :wink:, not binged or anything.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    3 of 7
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Dewdrop: Last night was great. I had a chicken warp, rice and chicken, naan, and some other things. I was really good about not eating too late, but then when we had coffee, I just had to have a cookie to go with it. So, I am pretty sure, that I blew my cut off, but for calorie intake, I have no idea how to count what I ate, but I know I worked out hard earlier and that I also ate real light throughout the day, so hopefully my evening was not so damaging. As for my goal, that is just the one I set for now, want to do mini-steps so they seem so easily achievable. I'm thinking that once I get to that, I might change it to 145, but everyone says that the last 10 are the hardest, so maybe I will leave it at 155. :laugh:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    teetee, I'd suggest you set it for 145, just so that you stay focused :wink:. You might just as well maintain, but that would be really good - other than saying "I'm at goal", relaxing and start gaining back.

I almost shouted "hurray" last night as we started to wash the dishes after dinner: it was 9p.m. :happy:. So... 6 and 13 :drinker:.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    4/7 for the week. Bad "snow" snacking. But I'm determined for next week.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    We went out last night and I wanted something to chew on :smile:, so I got a cookie. It was already 9:15, but I only had about 1/3 of it, so I think I wasn't that bad, considering that I was still under my calories at the end of the day. So, unless someone protests to my to many exceptions, I'll keep on counting: 7 past week and 14 in a row.

I'll try to stick to it this week, too :wink:.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Dewdrop: I don't think 1/3 of a cookie is too bad. That's 2/3 you didn't eat.
    I did change my goal to 150, for now, I think that is where I want to be. But hopefully, I have no intentions to start to gain it back. My husband has gotten into the habit of working out also, so when I return home, I want to be able to go to the gym with him and also get my mom into the gym too. I worry about her health, but no one is there to push and motivate her. So, I will once I return home.

Last night, was a good night for me, I have to say that I had to eat ice cream because I was so far under my calories, I just needed that extra 150 to put me over 1200. Really, I know that is not a good enough excuse, but it sounded good to me. There is only one serving left, so after it is gone, I won't be giving in to the ice cream anymore.