Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High School Dissapointments...

2»

Replies

• This wasn't high school but grammar school and it was also Bye Bye Birdie. I was supposed to play Ursula Merckle, was so excited about it too (I can't sing so this was the best part I could get). I came down with chicken pox the night before the show. I was crushed.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I was cut from the football team, didn't go to prom, and my younger sister was 103849 times more popular than I was.... :grumble:
    I went to both my Senior and Junior prom with a group of girlfriends.

:(
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    I was the pothead who still took valedictorian...wish I would have tried harder now, might have made something of myself.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    My disappointment WAS high school

quoted for truth.

This!! However, I look back and am very happy that I didn't "peak" in highschool.. like so many of the popular kids did. It was awful at the time, but now I look back and see that high school was nothing compared to life after high school!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member

Yeah. Ever watch "Jersey Shore"? Those are the people I went to high school with.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,796 Member
    Believe it or not I was a big dork...got great grades, did speech and drama (mime even) , was in FFA, and I did not even date in high school >_< High school to me was really blah!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member

Yeah. Ever watch "Jersey Shore"? Those are the people I went to high school with.
    Oh dear goodness.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    I was a band nerd (chief band nerd ( drum major) to be exact. I also ran track and threw shot and discus. But my disappointments came from when I quit cheering for band (hard to cheer at a varsity football game and be in the band.) Some of the girls I had cheered with were brutal. I would not go back to being a high school student, but if I did, there is so much I would do differently. I think it would have been fun to have gone to prom with a group of my friends instead of a date each year. I guess I wasn't scarred too much, because I now teach high school. Of course I constantly tell my students to try to enjoy the experience. Now the students consider me a history nerd. Ha! Ha! I don't think my highschool history teacher liked me very much.