Bump for advice!
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    If not, why? and what's a good workout snack?
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    quote from bodybuilding.com because i couldnt think of how to word it myself:

"While your post-workout feeding should be rich protein and carbohydrate, this meal should be fat free. The consumption of essential fats is one of the most overlooked areas of daily nutritional intake but during the post workout period, eating fat can actually decrease the effectiveness of your post-workout beverage. Since fat slows down transit through the stomach, eating fat during the post workout period may slow the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates and proteins.

As your post workout feeding should be designed to promote the most rapid delivery of carbohydrates and protein to your depleted muscles, fats should be avoided during this time."

try to have a fast carb *potatoes, rice cakes, fruit ect* and protein *shake is great*
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    oops, just ate some almonds (1 ounce) after my workout, is my workout blown then?
  • kaesonaveri
    Options
    I eat almonds like they are going outta style
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    nooo you're workout isnt blown. dont worry!! i would focus next time on carbs and proteins though immediately after a workout. try coming home and making a smoothie with protein powder and a banana, its delicious and a great post workout snack :)
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    I eat almonds like they are going outta style

LOL! me too, thats why I wondered if they were good for after workout...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Do you like to eat almonds after your workout? then yes
    Do you hate almonds? then no
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Best post workout meal is a whey shake and fast digesting carbs.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I like eating almonds at any time of day :-) They're reasonably filling, natural, and a good source of protein and fat.

After a workout? Sure, why not.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Do you like to eat almonds after your workout? then yes
    Do you hate almonds? then no

This really. No need to overcomplicate it. Eat nutrient rich foods every time you eat. Almonds are great. Just keep your serving size in check, and don't go overboard.
  • thohan99
    thohan99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Almonds are excellent before, during, and after your workout. Good protein and good fat. Walnuts are nice and fatty with omega-3, excellent source of energy.
  • thohan99
    thohan99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think you're on to something here!
  • elisheva
    elisheva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm very active, and sometimes my "workouts" are my morning dog walks, then biking to and from places etc. My dog walks are usually almost two hours, (it's a great morning job) and if I want to do any abs work or strength training when I get home I need the extra energy. I find that a few almonds is a great way to put off hunger without having a really full feeling. They are my during workout snack :) I usually have about 8 almonds and one walnut and that gives me another hour or two before I need a meal.