MFP made me realize

Options
Once You're Disciplined To Enough To Make A Lifestyle Instead Of A Chore It's Smooth Sailing

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    339u3kl.gif
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's true. The moment you decide, you've already succeeded.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    hit the nail squarely on the head!!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo!!
    Woohoo.jpg \m/
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Omg ya'll and these photos! LOL
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Amen
  • whatever33
    Options
    Made me realize... I truly need to start eating more healthier.. !!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That MFP is more of a social site than a workout site? YESH.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Exactly. If you aren't mentally ready to make the change, don't bother. There are no excuses if you really want it bad enough.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    That It Looks Really Funny If You Capitalise Every Word.

And also that sticking your neck out and trying to help people can pay dividends.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That Fitness can be fun specially when you have wonderful people backing you!!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I still struggle, but I am better than before :)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The people on this site are the most giving, loving and brutally honest people EVER! I wish you all THE BEST in life...you deserve it! :drinker:
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If you want results you have to GO GET THEM.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The people on this site are the most giving, loving and brutally honest people EVER! I wish you all THE BEST in life...you deserve it! :drinker:
    Robin you're my *kitten*! :heart: I love MFP
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    So true. :D
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Once You're Disciplined To Enough To Make A Lifestyle Instead Of A Chore It's Smooth Sailing

As someone who's maintained her weight and never been overweight, I don't think it's ever completely smooth sailing.

Yes, it does help to internalize the values of being healthy and active and they structure your days. But it's a daily challenge and as you get older, you usually have to become more, rather than less vigilant.
  • jwestonlee
    Options
    Agree, once it "clicks" it sticks.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

As someone who's maintained her weight and never been overweight, I don't think it's ever completely smooth sailing.

Yes, it does help to internalize the values of being healthy and active and they structure your days. But it's a daily challenge and as you get older, you usually have to become more, rather than less vigilant.

I agree with the OP. If you see it as a challenge, then it is. Once you stop looking at it as a sacrifice, it ceases to be one. For example, if I want a cookie, I have one. But most of the time, I don't want it. So in that regard, it's neither a challenge nor a sacrifice to not eat the cookie. I think that getting to that place is something that most people struggle with. That's the challenge.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    That MFP is more of a social site than a workout site? YESH.

thank god.... no one else in my life will let me combine being active with social networking. All my out of shape facebook friends were about to lynch me. THANK GOD for THIS place.\