Quick Response Needed! Chinese for lunch...

Options
2»

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli - no rice!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Obviously steamed dishes if they have them over anything with sauce BUT if you want something with sauce and are looking to go with something lighter I'd suggest Moo Goo Gai Pan. It's also one of the dishes that is typically lowest in carbs because the sauce is often not as thick as say chicken with broccoli.
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just found this...hope it helps.

Chinese

Some Chinese food may be spicy, but the menu at your favorite restaurant should have plenty of heartburn-free options.

Avoid

Egg rolls or fried spring rolls
    Deep fried wontons
    Crab Rangoon
    Szechuan pork or chicken
    Fried rice
    Sweet and sour pork or chicken
    Hot and sour soup
    Fried dessert

Choose

Wonton soup
    Steamed dim sum
    Steamed dumplings
    Stir-fried beef with broccoli
    Plain or brown rice
    Moo Goo Gai Pan or Mu Shu Pork
    Egg drop soup
    Steamed broccoli or eggplant
    Fortune cookies
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to drink LOTS of water after your meal, whatever it is...
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    just don't do it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli - no rice!

I don't eat Chinese often at all, but when I was losing weight, this is the only Chinese I'd order. Still lost over 40lbs and didn't feel horrible afterward. The rice is the most unnecessary part of a takeout meal, honestly. Easy to fill up on.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I always get broccoli, general tso's and noodles - I just don't eat a ton of it like they give you!

General Tso's is a terrible choice!!!!! The chicken is fried and the sauce is loaded with sugar and swimming in oil Plus it's loades with sodium and perhaps MSG if you care about such things

Many chinese restaurants have a diet section on the menu which features steamed chicken, shrimp and vegetables with a lowfat sauce on the side. Steamed vegetable dumplings are an excellent appetizer. If you want rice order brown instead of white (steamed not fried) which at least is a whole grain
  • RichAdcock
    RichAdcock Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is my lunchtime favorite. I used to go back for thirds at the buffet. Now I eat boiled shrimp, egg drop soup, bourbon chicken (or any chicken that isn't fried), and teriyaki chicken on a stick. I love the fried rice, but I leave it alone. I still eat more than I should, but I hit the bicycle when I get home from work to burn some of the extra calories.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Nobody has reccomended the cream of sum yung guy? :bigsmile:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I hate low fat low calorie Chinese food, so I had to do what I had to do and leave it all alone. My mouth is watering now, reading these suggestions.
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Steamed dumplings with a side of soup!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1200 ew
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The place we (used to) go to has Steamed Delight. It's beef, chicken, shrimp, carrot, bok choy, and lots of other veggies with a black bean sauce on the side. I used to order it all the time before my diet to share with my toddler. I still don't trust myself to order out, but that's what I would get.
  • getfit1975
    getfit1975 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the awesome suggestions!!!
  • getfit1975
    getfit1975 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Was just about to walk in the Chinese place when my co-worker wanted to eat at a outdoor grill, had salad with chicken instead... BUT I will know in the future what to order. Thanks peeps!