Women - what's your calorie goal?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1700 and I'm 5'1"
    I fluctuate between 1200 and 1700 though and I've had great results!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    im 174cm tall and i eat back all exercise cals so that usually gives me 2000cals a day with 400-500cals from exercise. i have been maintaining 140lbs now for 6 months i sometimes lower and lose afew pounds if i have afew bad weeks
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    1700 - 2200 (1700 on days I do nothing or only light exercise, 2200 on days I do crossfit or run)

I am 5'7"

I lost 20lbs doing this and I have another 20 to go.
    *My ticker is set now to reflect a challenge I am doing with my gym so it doesn't reflect my true start weight or goal weight
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 108lbs.
    Net calorie goal is set at 1600, but I am almost always above that. It doesn't affect my weight.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I set myself at 1300, felt 1200 was unrealistic for me (which is what mfp wanted me on) I did start losing with this alone but it stopped recently and so I now also exercise at the gym 3x a week 1 of which is with a personal trainer. The first week I lost, then maintained for 2 weeks and now that Im no longer retaining water from muscle soreness Im dropping consistantly :) Oh and I dont eat back my exercise cals as a rule, if I go over slightly great theres extra there but try not to.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

QUOTE:

cals to eat daily goal - 1200 (I am rarely ever able to eat this much)
    net cals after exercise daily goal - 600 (I net at or below 600 every day)

frame size (cause that matters too, imo) - extremely small
    height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    current weight - 142 at last weigh in, probably less now
    goal weight - 120 to 115

Yes, it is working for me. I've been losing about 2 lbs a week. I'm never hungry, tired, or weak. I meet my daily goals for nutrients as well.

You net below 600 a day?

Yes. I eat more than that though.

Examples from my food & exercise diary: Yesterday I ate 743, burned 526 and netted 217. The day before I netted 750, burned 467 and netted 283. Monday I ate 855, burned 294 and netted 561.

I calculate calories burned via a gps pedometer that calculates caloric burn taking weight into account. I then check this number against two different online calorie burn calculators. It's pretty accurate but I suppose nothing is 100% so my nets could be slightly higher than that.

I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and grilled chicken. I also take daily multi vitamins and calcium supplements.

Looking at what you do I think I'm pretty similar, I also like lots of fruit/veggies and grilled chicken and I don't eat back my exercise cals. I also take a miltivitamin.. I have been doing this for nearly 3 weeks (starting weight 147lb) and don't feel hungry or tired. I'm currently 142lb as well and trying to go to 125lb or so around Christmas. It looks like I may meet that goal sooner but I don't want to set a faster goal, let's just see how it goes :)

MFP is suggesting that I eat 1700 cal every day and I can't really understand how I could eat that much.. even before I started exercising I didn't eat that much. And when I started exercising I just started eating a bit smarter then before (for example skinless chicken instead of pork chop, a really nice salad for lunch instead of fried egg sandwich, fruits/nuts as snack instead of ice cream).

I am also loosing about 2lb a week so far and I feel great although all my muscles hurt because I'm not used to working out :)

if I ate 1700 a day like MFP wanted me to, I'd seriously explode. I eat a lot, all day long. I just tend to eat veggies and things that are very low cal and fill me up.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    cals to eat daily goal - 1200 (I am rarely ever able to eat this much)
    net cals after exercise daily goal - 600 (I net at or below 600 every day)

frame size (cause that matters too, imo) - extremely small
    height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    current weight - 142 at last weigh in, probably less now
    goal weight - 120 to 115

Yes, it is working for me. I've been losing about 2 lbs a week. I'm never hungry, tired, or weak. I meet my daily goals for nutrients as well.

You net below 600 a day?

Yes. I eat more than that though.

Examples from my food & exercise diary: Yesterday I ate 743, burned 526 and netted 217. The day before I netted 750, burned 467 and netted 283. Monday I ate 855, burned 294 and netted 561.

I calculate calories burned via a gps pedometer that calculates caloric burn taking weight into account. I then check this number against two different online calorie burn calculators. It's pretty accurate but I suppose nothing is 100% so my nets could be slightly higher than that.

I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and grilled chicken. I also take daily multi vitamins and calcium supplements.

This is absolutely unhealthy and unsustainable. I urge you to reconsider your approach!

I meet all of my daily goals for nutrients and am healthier than I have been in years. I eat all day, have plenty of engery and if I really want a snack, I have it. I don't see how that is unhealthy.
  • Pats_gal
    Options
    ok need some advice on my calorie goal if you would.... mfp set me at 1490. honestly i can eat that in one day no issue but i have been doing this for about 3 weeks now lost 1 lb and have gained it back i try to walk/run a few miles every day. yes i do have me a cheat day once a week. nothing to big just something sweet and maybe something a lil greasy. (i know i need to stop doing that) but anyways should i lower my calorie goal down somewhere around 1300 or 1200?????? :ohwell:
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and 261lbs. My calorie goal is 1960 plus exercise. And, if you look at my ticker, I've lost 44lbs since the end of January. Pretty successful thus far. :)
  • coffeerunner
    coffeerunner Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I eat net around 1500 a day but I also avg around 2200 - 2600 consumed with all the exercise I do. I'm currently training for a marathon which has me running 4 to 5 days a week and I lift weights 3 days a week. I'm more concerned with lowering my body fat and less concerned on how the scale is going. Right now I'm 155 and I've brought my waist to 27.5 and hips to 38.5 -- my goal at my frame is a waist of 26 and 36 for my hips :) once I hit that I'm going to go into maintenance mode.